Project Manager, Minor Works
We are passionate about our people. At Specsavers we support our colleagues to be the best they can be.
We have a strong legacy of growing our talent from within and developing a strong pipeline of talented individuals with the skills and capabilities that we need, now and in the future.
We believe in rewarding our people for their hard work so have a great mix of benefits and opportunities for you to give you the recognition you deserve.
We are currently recruiting a Project Manager to support our Programme Manager in our Business Development Team.
Role summaryOverall responsibility for the day to day management of contractors and consultants and implementation of Group processes associated with shop fitting works in existing stores. Project types predominantly (but not exclusively) associated with the existing store portfolio and to be of a refurbishment, rebrand and maximisation nature and all, generally, undertaken whilst maintaining store operations. Specific responsibilities will include the input/agreement and management of individual shopfitting programmes. Management of project works to ensure the most cost-effective solution, and ongoing cost control. Responsibility for identifying/obtaining all necessary statutory/legislative approvals and ensuring that works are carried out in accordance with such approvals.
- HNC/HND or degree level education in a relevant discipline and/or equivalent level of core professional qualifications preferred.
- Experience with building works project /maintenance works experience required, preferably in a client/consultant management role.
- H&S accreditation ideally to IOSH standard.
- Sound knowledge of all related regulations and legislation/processes for acquiring Local Authority/statutory and other consents.
- Negotiation – particularly for obtaining consents and agreeing shopfitting costs.
- Team working and working remotely/independently.
- Experienced in setting and managing project budgets, quantity surveying/cost control skills.