Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser - Solihull Hearcare
Role: Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser - Maternity Contract (14 Months)
Location: Solihull to cover clinics in Kenilworth, Kings Heath, Parkgate (Shirley) and Yardley
Hours: Full time - 5 days weekly on a 40 hour contract - 9am to 5.30pm
Experience level: For this role you will need to be a qualified Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser and able to HCPC register
We're looking for an experienced Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser to join our team in Solihull.
For this vacancy you will be based at our hub store in Solihull and run clinics at our spokes in the Specsavers stores in Kenilworth, Kings Heath, Parkgate, Yardley. Our Hub store at Solihull is one our few hearcare stores that is separate from the opticians. While situated very close to our optical store, you'll find this standalone hub very different as it's totally dedicated to hearcare! It features hearcare tests rooms which are all equipped with the latest audiology equipment. We currently test both private and NHS patients so you'll have a variety of patients on a day to day basis. We're also an IQUIPS accredited store.
We're looking for an Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser who ideally has experience working in the private sector and selling hearing aids. A wax removal/microsuction qualification would also be an advantage.
You'll also need:
- A driving licence with your own personal Car
- To be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Hearing Aid Dispenser (HAD)
Some of the key tasks are as follows:
- To liaise with, organise and encourage store staff to book initial hearing awareness checks from store footfall, existing clients and external and internal promotions.
- To liaise with store managers and directors regarding the motivation and training of store staff to book hearing awareness checks and deal with existing clients.
- To keep daily contact with all your designated stores and ensure that hearing aid and battery stocks, leaflets and displays are kept up to date and in plentiful supply, and that all relevant information communicated by the Group is observed and passed on.
- To ensure that sufficient existing clients and new enquiries are seen to meet agreed personal performance standards.
- Understand and apply NHS practices and procedures as appropriate
- Work to Specsavers Customer Service Standards
- Actively seek to improve your own skills and product knowledge
- To work under the control and direction of your line manager/store director to the standards required, noting that the Company’s disciplinary or capability procedure will be used to record significant events or actions. To also observe the supervisory rules laid down by the Company in line with HCPC requirements.
About Specsavers Hearcare
Specsavers Hearcare has over 800 stores and is still growing. A big part of our success is down to our Hearing Aid Dispensers and the influence they have on our business. Because of our unique model, our Hearing Aid Dispensers have the opportunity to work directly with the Hearcare Joint Venture Partner and contribute to the clinical direction of the business. With Specsavers, your input and ideas will matter more.
You can find out more information about Specsavers Audiology here: https://join.specsavers.com/uk/department/audiology/
Solihull Hearcare is an accredited Platinum Employer – this means you can expect an exceptional employee experience every single day you work here. The Platinum Employer Scheme is part of the Specsavers drive to become a famous place to work. Stores with this accreditation have been verified on five key employer standards: Recruitment, Performance Management and Reward, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact our Audiology Resourcing Partner, Charlotte Behennah on 01566 770121 or email@example.com