Dispensing Optician / Assistant Manager
Dispensing Optician / Assistant Manager
Are you passionate about delivering an outstanding customer service? Do you have an active interest in diagnosing technical issues and finding solutions? If this sounds like you, then join our fast growing dynamic company. We are currently looking for a full-time Dispensing Optician who will provide support to the operational functions of our growing business.
Brillen.co.uk is part of the SuperVista AG companies (brillen.de, brillen.at, brillen.pl, gafas.es, occhiali24.it) which is the leading manufacturer of high-end glasses in Europe and USA. Through our own manufacturing facility, we have the advantage of being able to offer our glasses through a network of about 1500+ associated opticians in Germany, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy and now UK. Our unique business model allows consumers to benefit not only from attractive prices, but also from professional advice from an independent optician.
As a Dispensing Optician/Assistant Manager in our company store, your main task will be to help run the store from a retail perspective, focusing particularly on the quality of the dispensing service. Your efforts will help to ensure that the store runs successfully, while providing customers with an exceptional service. Much of your work will involve inspiring staff to perform at their best and meet the highest technical standards. You’ll be a qualified Dispensing Optician and a role model for more junior members of the team, living our values and leading by example. It’s therefore important that you’re good with people, an experienced team leader and aware of what makes a superb store. You’ll uphold standards and use your commercial acumen, professional knowledge and customer focus to ensure that your store goes above and beyond.
- Qualified Dispensing Optician
- Management experience preferred
- 2+ years of related experience working in optical practice preferred
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Familiarity and/or ability to learn and work with corporate software applications.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- A positive, enthusiastic approach to work and collaboration.
- Responds promptly customer needs; solicits feedback to improve service.
- Responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Advising clients on products and services available with a positive and friendly approach
- Professional telephone and email manner.
- Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Good communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Select and use communication methods/tools appropriate.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
Planning, Organising & Quality Management
- Prioritises and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; demonstrates sense of urgency, detail-oriented.
- Ability to follow process and procedures; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Self-directed with the ability to discern when to solve problems independently and when to escalate them.
- Exercise personal responsibility for completing assigned tasks to deadlines.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the complexities of any task or challenge.
- Join one of the fastest growing optical start-up companies in the UK
- Full training provided.
- Pleasant working atmosphere
- Development and further training/progression opportunities
- Great opportunity to make your own contribution to the UK market
- Attractive salary package
Sound promising? If you think you are the perfect fit for us, please apply by sending us your CV, a cover letter, your availability as well as salary expectations. We look forward to hearing from you.