Title: In-house Solicitor
Contract: Fixed term and Permanent opportunities available
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
If you’re looking to work as an in-house Solicitor for a market leader in a clinical field, then read on as we are seeking an experienced Solicitor to join our in-house legal team here within our prestigious city centre office on St Vincent Street.
- Working as part of the in-house legal team on a wide variety of work including UK-wide medical malpractice claims, contract drafting and reviews and regulatory matters.
- Acting as Panel Solicitor and handling discussions with other Solicitor firms and Insurers.
- Managing pre-litigated and litigated cases, including drafting Letters of Response and Court pleadings, witness statements, as well as conducting consultations.
- Providing succinct advice/reports and obtaining instructions from client.
- Offering support and guidance in all legal matters where required within the business.
- Qualified Solicitor within Scotland, with current practising certificate from Law Society of Scotland.
- A solid understanding of medical malpractice/personal injury/litigation with experience of handling own litigated caseload.
- 3-5 years PQE preferable, although we will consider other candidates with the correct attributes.
- Knowledge of English legal system is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of attending Sheriff Courts.
- Confident working independently but also work well within a team.
- Have excellent IT and administrative skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of business needs and willingness to research all areas of law, including contract, commercial and employment law.
- Dual-qualification in Scots and English Law is desirable.
- Experience of working in an in-house legal team.
- Medical terminology understanding.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary or discounted optical products/procedures
- Career progression
- Onsite spa and restaurant
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer