Optical Assistant vacancies and Optical Assistant jobs based in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
We are currently working alongside a well-established independent practice in Chippenham, Wiltshire to recruit an Optical Assistant to their growing team.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a lovely practice which holds a great reputation for offering the highest levels of service in a relaxed, friendly environment.
Optical Assistant - Role
- Independent Opticians which has been in the area for 40 years
- New Directors have recently taken over with plans to grow the business
- Clinically focused practice
- 45 minute tests
- Working in a team of 3-4 people including a qualified Dispensing Optician
- 2 testing rooms
- Reception duties (telephone, text and email contact with patients)
- Checking spectacles on the (auto) focimeter when they arrive from the lab
- Basic frame repairs
- Unpacking deliveries and filing invoices, checking all items received etc.
- Cashing up the till
- Initial triage of patients ringing for Coronavirus Urgent Eyecare Service (this consists of a form with pre-set questions the patient answers)..
- Assisting the DO with writing up orders & taking payments if they're busy
- Taking OCT scans
- Ordering items from suppliers as required
- Working 4, 4.5, or 5 days a week
- Working house are between 8.15am to 5.30pm (8.15am to 12.30pm on a Sat)
- 1 Hour Lunch
- Basic salary between £18,500 - £19,800 - A higher salary may be available for those with additional skills - Lens knowledge, pre-screening etc
- Dispensing Optician course may be available further down the line
Optical Assistant - Requirements
- Experience working within an Opticians
- Friendly and approachable
- Computer literate - comfortable with email, supplier websites and scanning/saving letters
- Maintain the high level of customer care expected by patients of the practice
- Ability to learn and want to develop
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, please send your CV across to Rebecca Wood using the 'Apply' link as soon as possible.