Finance Business Partner / Commercial Accountant
Finance Business Partner / Commercial AccountantAt Specsavers over the last three decades our purpose hasn’t changed: we are here to make a positive difference to the lives of all. Through the exceptional products, services, and value we offer, this is what sets us apart. We are proud of how far we’ve come as a business, now we want to see you grow with us. We promise to make you feel good, smart and cared for. To support this promise we offer competitive salaries, pension scheme, medical and dental care including a range of added benefits that make Specsavers a great place to work.
Role Overview:As a Finance Business Partner, you will be part of the Finance and Portfolio team within the Technology function, managing all aspects of commercial finance support for the Global Service Delivery Director and their leadership team. This will include:
- Financial Management of Technology spend of approx. £45m
- Managing month end & year end cycles, including ongoing control of accruals and prepayments.
- Preparing management accounts and relevant reporting.
- Involved in the annual planning process, including re-forecast if required
- Partnering with the GSD director and the team and managing the day to day finances.
- Present at monthly leadership meetings on month end reporting.
- Process and reconcile monthly recharges to stores and supply chain sites
- Ongoing reconciliation of opening and closing stock balances and assist in annual stock audit as and when required.
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA / CPA either Finalist or Qualified.
- Previous experience in management accounting (month end close and reporting)
- Experience with ERP System (For example SAP/Oracle)
- Solid knowledge of Cost Accounting.
- Extensive experience within a business partnering role with strong stakeholder management experience and the ability to influence and challenge where necessary.
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting .
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel (V lookups & Pivot tables).
- Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail.
You are guaranteed to work with an experienced team where you can develop your skills, experience and knowledge. We are looking for true talent: people who are eager for the opportunity and freedom to make their contribution.
We offer remote working for this role however you will be required to come into our Whiteley offices 1-2 times a week to meet with team and other business stakeholders. Should you wish you find out more please go ahead and apply and we can discuss further.