Title: Surgery Manager
Location: Meadowhall and Leeds
Hours: 40 hours
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
We’re looking for someone to join our management leadership team for our prestigious clinics in Meadowhall and Leeds. It’s for a Surgery Manager; who will be responsible for setting and maintaining world class surgical team standards throughout the clinic. You will have the experience and gravitas to lead and support the team comprising surgery assistants, nurses and surgeons, all the while ensuring targets for Laser Eye Surgery and Intraocular procedures are met through effective utilisation of resources.
The main aspects of the role are
• Identifying and implementing systems to ensure world class surgical treatments and appropriate patient outcomes.
• To motivate the surgical team to achieve the clinical KPIs and targets for treatment volumes.
• Providing support for the team in efficient and productive use of surgery time, maximisation of surgery lists, accurate and timely reporting is key to success.
• Taking responsibility for managing the Clinical Governance and HCC systems centrally and ensuring full compliance – first time, every time.
What we need from you
It goes without saying you will be comfortable leading a diverse and senior team, preferably in a clinical setting, and you have;
- excellent communication and presentation skills
• an adaptable, flexible approach to work
• top notch Microsoft office and outlook
• meticulous attention to detail
• confidence, and integrity to operate with the upmost discretion
Whilst clinical experience or qualifications will set you apart you absolutely must have –
• A proven track record of developing a team
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
• A hands-on and customer-centric approach
What’s in it for you?
• Exposure to cutting edge technology and techniques
• Competitive salary and additional company benefits including product/treatment discounts
• The opportunity to work with talented colleagues to truly change people lives
What’s also in it for you?
• Free or discounted optical products/procedures
• Competitive/ and industry leading salaries
• Career progression / Defined and unparalleled career path and progression opportunities
• Modern working environment with superb technology support
Please apply now by uploading your CV.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer