5 days left
- Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
We are currently seeking an experienced Architect to be based at our Cumbernauld head office. We are looking for a high calibre, dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a keen eye for detail. You must have a thorough understanding of AUTOCAD and ideally knowledge of visualization tools. The successful candidate must be thorough, detail oriented, able to meet established project deadlines, driven by performance and thrive within a relatively independent work environment with minimal supervision.
You will report into the Group Property Manager and will work closely with the Property team and other internal departments. The role requires sound comprehensive knowledge of design, CAD/graphics and reading of drawings. The successful Architect will essentially be responsible for developing designs for complete and complex projects where we expect you to plan and execute the presentation of these in graphic form; you must also have a sound working knowledge of UK Planning & Building Regulations and relevant British Standards.
The range of projects will extend beyond the Optical Express brand and will not be limited to eye clinic/retail environments. Due to the Group’s large and diverse property portfolio, you will also be expected to work on larger blue chip projects including residential, domestic, commercial and leisure projects as required.
You should have experience of working in a dynamic, challenging, driven and targeted Retail Architecture Environment/Culture.
As Architect you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing design layouts and develop through to construction drawings for use on-site
- Project Manage multiple projects within the Group
- Ensure compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, safety, constructability, reliable operation, construction economy, and operating convenience
- Provide full responsibility from drawing to completion and liaising with Marketing, Builders, Landlords, Construction and various other individuals
- Reviewing and checking calculations, drawings and design documents for quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and company satisfactory completion
- Assembling bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages
- Ensuring the preparation and review of design solutions, which fully comply with all applicable current legislation, British Standards and agreed time, cost and quality requirements
- Ensure compliance, in all activities undertaken, with Company Environmental, Safety & Health requirements
- Ensure compliance of mechanical building services and HVAC equipment with statutory requirements, national standards and recognised best practice standard, if required by project
There will be essential travelling involved throughout the UK and potentially abroad, therefore it is required that you hold a Full UK Driving License and are committed to ensuring that you are able to travel when required.
- Degree level education in Architecture
- Previous Retail Project Management background
- Equivalent combination of education, training and vast amount of experience
- Experience across Residential, Commercial, Industrial or Environmental sectors
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Strong AutoCAD skills and be experienced with Sketch Up
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and codes
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Awareness of contractual relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Deadline and performance driven as well as open to learning new skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Free or discounted optical products/procedures
- Career progression
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer.