Optometrist - Peterlee
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business:
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
About the Store/Technology:
Peterlee on the North east Coast of England offers a great deal for all ages, from walking, great mountain biking, diving, photgraphy, art galleries, great schools and great house prices. With the great transport links this is an excellent location to live, work and have a work life balance that works for all.
This store is a part of the UK's most trusted optical brand and has enjoyed a strong period of growth recently so as a result are looking to add and strengthen the existing team of around 19 employees. The store itself has 4 test rooms with Optometrists working to 20-25-minute test times. As you would expect the store works with the latest Technology Nidek Fundus ,Tonoref ,Phoropters etc and are always looking at new technology that will help Optometrists give the best patient care.
As an Optometrist you will have the full opportunity for clinical, professional, and personal development, including, but not limited to: WOPEC accreditations, College of Optometrist Higher certificates, IP, Senior Optometrist progression and management development all sponsored by the store in order to aid your specific career and personal goals. Further to this the store are lucky enough to have a close relationship and work with the Sunderland Eye infirmary, the best in Europe, for urgent referrals. As an Optometrist you have options with regards your development both clinically and personally, its entirely up to you what you want from the role.
As an Optometrist (full or part time, newly qualified or experienced) you will provide an outstanding clinical service by providing world class eye tests and by maintaining an exceptional standard of customer care to all patients. As a professional, you’ll be an expert at putting people at ease and have the ability to talk customers through the eye examination process and explain their options in a clear, easy to understand way. What’s more, you’re organised and passionate about what you do – which means you keep accurate records and always have up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in your field.
What’s on offer?
- Extremely Competitive salary
- Relocation package available
- Extremely progressive store, can be involved in clinical specialities if this is a route that interests you
- Superb holidays starting at 33 days
- GOC fees paid
- Store is open to discussing and putting in place any other benefits that may not be above but that may be more suitable to you
If this opportunity sounds of interest and you would like more information, please contact Annon-Lee MacDonald Recruitment Consultant on 07508 527 389 or email firstname.lastname@example.org