Dispensing Optician - Arnison, Durham
Location: Arnison, Durham
Salary: Competitive basic depending on your experience.
Working Hours: 5 days over 7 Full Time 38 hours
Experience Level: Must have previous experience working in an optician and must have a GOC number.
Your future is clear at Specsavers Arnison, where there’s always something exciting ahead.
Come and join our accomplished team as a Dispensing Optician at Specsavers Arnison, where we are at the height of customer care. Join us and help work to ensure every single one of our customers receives the very best patient experience. We’re community-focused and we need someone ready to use their passion, skills and experience to build on our ever-growing and loyal customer base.
Our Dispensing Opticians are the face of our clinic on the shop floor and usually an integral part of our store management team, so we’re keen to get you up to speed with management responsibilities. With ILM courses, pre-reg supervision and Specsavers Partnership Pathway available, we can guide you on your way to becoming a great leader. This – along with your clinical expertise – will stand you in good stead if you choose to become a store director yourself one day.
We’re dedicated to our customers, but what really makes this role stand out is that we offer a workplace with a difference - where people grow both personally and professionally.
Our Durham store is an accredited Platinum Employer, this means you can expect exceptional employee exerience every single day you work here. The Platinum Employer Scheme is part of the Specsavers drive to become a famour place to work. Store with this accreditation have been verified on five key standards. REcruitment, Preformance Management and Reward, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
What’s on offer?
- Outstanding annual salary based on experience – we can talk more about this at interview
- A highly-rewarding performance-based bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Support with CET
- Exceptional clinical and professional development opportunities
- Access to cutting-edge clinical technology, such as OCT
- Ensure that you provide good levels of customer service to customers at all times.
- Liaise with Optometrists to ensure that each customer you dispense receives a consistent quality handover.
- Manage aftersales service (including complaints and problem solving) in a customer service focused ‘can do’ manner.
- Contribute to achievement of individual and team sales targets by demonstrating effective professional sales techniques.
Then there’s you
Alongside being a qualified and GOC registered Dispensing Optician, we are searching for someone who shares our store’s ethos. Someone who wants to grow, develop and offer exceptional customer care along the way. We want a practitioner who prides themselves on their clinical judgment, that isn’t afraid of a hands-on approach and who is keen to get involved and build rapport with the rest of the team. In summary, we’re looking for a skilled Dispensing Optician to join us, be part of the team and assist in driving our practice forward.
Get in touch
For more information or to apply, please contact Laura Field at Specsavers Recruitment Service on 07956699444 or email@example.com.