This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a clinically experienced, commercially minded and entrepreneurial Optometrist to build a brand new business within an already successful optical business.
We are a privately owned Optical Lab based in Cambridgeshire. The business has built up a substantial retail business based on a ‘dispense only’ business model. We now wish to expand the range of services offered to our customers to include Eye Tests. We have a customer base in excess of 8,000 which presents an excellent platform to launch and grow the testing service. Existing customers regularly ask us for an eye test which we can’t offer at present.
We are looking for an experienced Optometrist (minimum 5 years clinical practice experience) who is excited by the opportunity of building a new business and has all the skills and attitude necessary to help the Company maintain its excellent reputation. In addition to testing and dispensing, the role will include the creation of the eye testing facility, selecting the equipment, putting in place the administrative, health and safety and clinical procedures and practice software required. You will have the support and resources of an established business.
Specifically our ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrable clinical excellence with a minimum of 5 years clinical (in practice) experience
- GOC Registered with GOC Number and clean faultless GOC record
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Registered on NHS Performers List
- Excellent clinical and business references
- Well organised and commercially astute
- Comfortable with administration and IT
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self motivated and entrepreneurially minded
- A particular interest/qualification in Sports Vision would be useful
- Competent and willing to both carry out testing and dispensing roles
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to grow a ‘business within a business’ with the support, resources and experience of a successful, established privately owned business
- Excellent starting salary with unlimited earnings potential based on the growth of the business and delivering clinical excellence
- Share ownership/equity opportunity after qualifying period
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Pleasant working environment in rural Cambridgeshire
Application deadline: 30/04/2021
Expected start date: 01/05/2021