Project Manager - Supply Chain
We are passionate about our people. At Specsavers we support our colleagues to be the best they can be. Our ethos is to offer inspiring development and fantastic opportunities to help our 37,000 store, support office and supply chain colleagues continue to make a difference, either by serving customers or supporting partners and their teams.
Main Purpose of the RoleReporting to the Supply Chain Programme Manager, the individual will Project Manage cross-functional medium to large Supply Chain projects, ensuring operational and Customer Service Excellence is delivered in all areas. The projects will be in the UK or in other Specsavers markets; they can be supply chain strategic projects, requiring close cooperation with Supply Chain Directors (or teams) and other support functions, or they can be projects where the supply chain are a key enabler to a wider business objective, team or development.
- Shape, define and initiate projects to meet business needs in line with annual business plan objectives, and as directed by the Supply Chain Leadership.
- Ensure there are sound business cases against all projects undertaken, working closely with Finance and project stakeholders.
- Determine and agree project success measures and tolerances with the project sponsors.
- Negotiate, agree and monitor project objectives, scope, deliverables, timescales and budgets throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Develop and maintain detailed and realistic project plans using appropriate tools. Identify and manage project dependencies and the critical path.
- Obtain approval for costs. Track and manage costs within the approved budget, flagging exceptions and justify and obtain further funds if required.
- Lead and motivate the project team, resolving any conflicts or people issues.
- Organise and drive the agenda for project meetings as required.
- Communicate and consult with business stakeholders. Meet or exceed stakeholder expectations.
- Identify, record, manage and mitigate risks, to prevent them becoming issues, judging when to escalate.
Key Skills, Ability or Experience
- Formal Project Management qualification e.g. APM, Prince II
- Broad experience of managing business projects
- An in-depth understanding of project management principles, processes and best practice
- Strong organisational skills with an eye for detail
- Resilient, self-confident and flexible
- Quickly builds strong working relationships and credibility among stakeholders
- Business and customer focused
- Ability to see the bigger picture, and consider broader implications
- Ability to simplify complex issues and bring a structured approach to planning
We believe in rewarding our people for their hard work so have a great mix of benefits and opportunities for you to give you the recognition you deserve.
We are happy to talk flexible working!
It’s going to be an exciting journey. You could be part of it!