Analyst - Financial Accounts
For over three decades our purpose hasn’t changed: we are here to make a positive difference to the lives of all. Through the exceptional products, services and value we offer - is what sets us apart.
We are proud of how far we’ve come as a business, now we want to see you grow with us.
At Specsavers we promise to make you feel good, smart and cared for. To support this promise we offer competitive salaries, pension scheme, medical and dental care including a range of additional benefits that make Specsavers a great place to work.
Purpose of the role
This is an initial 12 month contract to cover maternity leave.
You will be responsible for the production of accounts for the UK, ROI, DJVP and/or Hearcare stores ensuring the data provided is both accurate and provided on a timely basis.
Embrace and support the finance vision of “One Team, trusted to deliver great service and value through understanding, challenge and partnership”
- Assist in the effective and timely production of management accounts for store directors/ senior managers and other departments
- Answer queries and monthly management accounts from store directors
- Perform debtor reconciliations and review of trial balances of stores to ensure validity of balances.
- Seamless integration of new stores into existing processes as the group expands
- Ensures the validity of key balances and transactions in store ledgers
- Ensures all processes and procedures are properly followed
- Provides the Store Reporting Team Leader with support and feedback where necessary
- Attends and contributes at Stores Reporting team Morning Markets
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships across all areas of the company and delivers excellence in customer service
Essential skills include
- Undertaking or recently completed entry level accounting qualification (eg CAT or studying ACCA/CIMA)
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Excel experience (intermediate)
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills with the ability to organise own work
- Strong communication (oral and written)
- Ability to build positive relationships with other areas of the Finance department
Desirable skills include
- Cedar Open Accounts experience.
- Experience of accounting in a retail environment.
If you can see yourself being part of this journey, apply today!
Happy to talk flexible working