Qualified Dispensing Optician - Northamptonshire
Mobile Qualified Dispensing Optician
As a qualified Dispensing Optician you will be delivering, fitting and adjusting prescription glasses in the patient’s home. You will be travelling around your region visiting around 12 patients a day. With all routes and appointments booked by our expert Scheduling team and full support from our in-house Professional Services department, you can be sure that you will have everything you need to give your patients the best possible care and attention.
You will be a motivated and focused individual. You will be organised and professional as well as empathetic. This is a patient-focused role where you will be committed to ensuring the highest levels of service.
You must be a confident driver with at least two years’ experience and must be GOC registered. Full training will be provided.
Activities of the role
- Motivated and focused on achieving own goals
- Giving advice, information and support to patients living with sight loss
- Dealing with general ad-hoc queries such as refund requests, consent to leave spectacles etc
- Confident about working alone and as part of a regional team
- Commercially aware, and comfortable with achieving KPI’s
- Dedicated to exemplary patient service to ensure patient satisfaction
- Excellent communication skills to include empathy and patience
- Desire to do, see and enjoy a job well done
- Confident driver and enjoys being out on the road
- GOC and ABDO fees paid
- Performance-related bonus
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5% on successful completion of the probationary period
- 28 days holiday entitlement (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Three 'treat' days granted for 100% attendance
- Discounted eyewear and hearing products
- Childcare vouchers
- Professional fees paid
- Fully expensed company car
All successful candidates will be subject to satisfactory written references, medical clearance, and evidence of your right to work in the UK and Disclosure Certificate through the Disclosure and Barring Service (Formerly the CRB)
References: One of your referees must be your current line manager and all references must cover the previous five years work or study history.