Interim Management Accountant
We are searching for an Interim Management Accountant to join our Finance team; based out of our head office in Farnham. The key purpose of the role will be to line manage a team of 4 which includes three purchase ledger clerks and one sales ledger clerk; to prepare management accounts for a minimum of 2 companies and to support other members of the team and other areas of the business.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and develop 4 individuals and have overall responsibility for their areas.
- Ensure any issues are dealt with in a timely manner
For a minimum of 2 companies:
- Responsible for maintaining and controlling the accounts of our Franchising arm, dealing directly with Business owners.
- Responsible for producing management accounts (profit and loss account, balance sheet and cashflow forecast) for review by the FD by WD7, including but not limited to:
- Statement reconciliation
- Bank reconciliation
- Accruals and prepayments
- Variance analysis
- Responsible for the balance sheet reconciliation (preliminary review WD 9, full review WD12)
- Assist with year end audits
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the sales and purchase ledger meet the daily, weekly and monthly targets
- Manage payroll for several small companies
- Process and post direct debits into all companies
- Reconcile our main Current Account and Contact Lens Bank Account
- Fixed asset control for Leightons Ltd including posting monthly depreciation charges
- Adhoc projects including departmental project work and business process reengineering
A bit about us…
Leightons is a retail opticians and audiology business, founded in 1928. We are proudly independent, family-owned and family run and believe our people are the key to success and longevity. Leightons has grown to have 34 stores, all special and unique – 24 fully owned, 7 franchised, 2 co-owned and 1 business operating under its own nameRequirements
Key skills and knowledge:
- AAT qualified or equivalent
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
- Working knowledge of Double Entry Accounting
- Basics of Accruals & Prepayments
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines and targets
- Good communication skills
- Prior experience of Supervising or Managing
- Confident about working independently and within a team.