Title: In-house Solicitor
Contract: Fixed term and Permanent opportunities available
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Optical Express is the UK’s only complete eye care provider, and Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye surgery and premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery. Each week Optical Express Surgeons undertake more laser eye surgery and private intraocular lens procedures collectively than any other providers.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. Operating clinics across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe, Optical Express, supported by an esteemed International Medical Advisory Board, is a thought leader in the global optometry and refractive surgery industry.
Optical Express gives patients their very best results through investing in state of the art technology, employing experienced, highly skilled surgeons and optometrists, continuously analysing clinical outcomes and working with pioneers and innovators from within the industry, to include Johnson & Johnson Vision and Zeiss.
If you’re looking to work as an in-house Solicitor for a market leader in a clinical field, then read on as we are seeking an experienced Solicitor to join our in-house legal team here within our prestigious city centre office on St Vincent Street.
- Working as part of the in-house legal team on a wide variety of work including UK-wide medical malpractice claims, contract drafting and reviews and regulatory matters.
- Acting as Panel Solicitor and handling discussions with other Solicitor firms and Insurers.
- Managing pre-litigated and litigated cases, including drafting Letters of Response and Court pleadings, witness statements, as well as conducting consultations.
- Providing succinct advice/reports and obtaining instructions from client.
- Offering support and guidance in all legal matters where required within the business.
- Qualified Solicitor within Scotland, with current practising certificate from Law Society of Scotland.
- A solid understanding of medical malpractice/personal injury/litigation with experience of handling own litigated caseload.
- 3-5 years PQE preferable, although we will consider other candidates with the correct attributes.
- Knowledge of English legal system is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of attending Sheriff Courts.
- Confident working independently but also work well within a team.
- Have excellent IT and administrative skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of business needs and willingness to research all areas of law, including contract, commercial and employment law.
- Dual-qualification in Scots and English Law is desirable.
- Experience of working in an in-house legal team.
- Medical terminology understanding.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary or discounted optical products/procedures
- Career progression
- Onsite spa and restaurant
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer