Category Assistant (Talent Programme)
About our Talent ProgrammeThe world is ever changing and plans just aren’t being made like they used to anymore. So at Specsavers, we’ve created a 12 month talent programme to support your development in the Category Assistant role, that provides agile working for an agile world. We’re looking for great people who want a brand new career in 2021 and in exchange we’ll offer weekly dedicated development time, exposure to the wider business and experience across multiple departments.
The New Talent programme provides training and mentorships across several divisions and skillsets; giving you the opportunity to find the right place to continue your career in Specsavers.
Main Purpose of the Team
The Product Team are responsible for managing new product and merchandising launches into store environments with consistency, clarity and pace to ensure every customer is delighted by the products and services provided by Specsavers.
Main Purpose of the Role
The Product Assistant works alongside the product team providing support, coordination, planning and analysis support to ensure that the plan is delivered.
- Support the Senior Category Manager in planning and project managing all new product launches and merchandising initiatives, working with cross-functional departments to land new launches right first time by playing an active part in and supporting the project team to deliver
- Plan and execute launch activity to store including the completion of creative and copy briefs for new launch materials e.g. launch guides, videos and POS
- Complete Physical Environment Development briefs for new merchandising initiatives, working closely with this team and procurement to manage the critical path to bring final solutions to trial and roll out
- Create and maintain merchandising and accessory product information in line with launches to engage and inform store and support office colleagues on SharePoint and other internal communication channels.
- Be a merchandising and accessory expert through the analysis of data to inform commercial decisions and keeping up to date with competitor and market trends.
- Support store partners and colleagues on a daily basis with merchandising and accessory queries.
- Complete a competitor product review for domiciliary
- Develop and trial a new merchandising solution for Audiology product display in test room
- Review and develop the strategy for the future use of the hotspot
- Support the cross functional review of frame stickers
Key Skills, Ability or Experience
- Previous experience in a retail or customer service environment would be advantageous
- Able to work remotely across multisite business
- Able to effectively prioritise workload
- Strong communication skills
- Builds positive relationships
- Creating and maintain a flexible and inclusive working environment
- Excellent IT skills essential