Optical Assistant - Porirua
Specsavers Porirua is looking for an Optical Assistant to join their team on a permanent full-time basis. If you are passionate about customer service and have experience in the industry we would love to hear from you - full training will be provided!
Specsavers has been going from strength to strength, ever since the business started back in 1984. We strive for the highest clinical standards – and believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do. We also recognise that our people are critical to our past and future success – so we do everything we can to make sure they get the experience and career they’re looking for: from outstanding training and a personal development plan, to excellent benefits and unstinting support. The business has nearly 1,500 stores across 12 countries – and is still growing. We want you to be part of this outstanding success story.
About the role:
You will be involved in all aspects of our customer's optometric journey from using high-tech pre-testing equipment to dispensing and frame styling. You'll work to healthcare guidelines (as well as our own high standards), give good clear advice because of your love for fashion and styling, and provide a great experience at every opportunity which exceed our customers’ expectations. You will have fantastic organisation and communication skills, able to work effectively in a team, and thrive on working at a fast pace.
Skills and experience:
The successful candidate will have a rewarding career with Specsavers and will possess the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced retail environment
- A self-starter with a sense of humour who enjoys variety and a busy environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to build genuine and supportive relationships with colleagues and customers
Benefits and perks:
- Birthday Leave
- Volunteer Leave
- Friends & Family Discount
- 2 Pairs of Free Glasses per year
- Access to Specsavers Perks staff discount program
- An in-depth on boarding and training program, that will continue throughout your career
- Career development and advancement opportunities
If this sounds like you, click apply now!
*Please note due to the high volume of applications only successful candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advanced for your interest in Specsavers*