Business Development Project Assistant - Talent Programme
About our Talent ProgrammeThe world is ever changing and plans just aren’t being made like they used to anymore. So at Specsavers, we’ve created a 12 month talent programme to support your development in the Business Development Project Assistant role, a home based role with travel that provides agile working for an agile world. We’re looking for great people who want a brand new career in 2021 and in exchange we’ll offer weekly dedicated development time, exposure to the wider business and experience across multiple departments.
The New Talent programme provides training and mentorships across several divisions and skillsets; giving you the opportunity to find the right place to continue your career in Specsavers.
As part of the New Talent Programme, you will be working within the Audiology Team, for the Head of Audiology Business Development and Optics Business Development team.
Purpose of the Role
The Business Development team is responsible for identifying opportunities to grow volume within the Audiology business aligned to the annual plan and Audiology strategy.This is achieved by identifying new store locations and improving existing stores through either refurbishing or maximising layout to increase capacity and rebrand of stores to help improve the customer journey. These projects are then delivered on time and within budget.
As part of the New Talent programme your development programme will include a placement working in one of our stores as well as time in different departments including Optical Business Development and Retail Support Team. You will also be undertaking training and development activities to support your overall development.
- Working on and where appropriate lead on BD projects as per the annual plan, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Support with and complete essential stages of new audiology business setup processes, including:
- Working closely with internal departments including legal, finance and IT.
- Deal directly with suppliers to confirm all equipment and product is available for business launch.
- Liaise with key stakeholders keeping them informed of progress and key milestones.
- Attend Audiology Governance Meetings providing administrative support.
- Work with Audiology Relationship Managers to ensure completion of all project documentation
- Take a leading role in the development of new and existing external locations where Specsavers operate audiology clinics outside of our store estate.
- Play a leading part in reviewing, approving and the rollout of new marketing materials to our external locations as it is developed.
- Review projects post development and provide feedback as appropriate to stakeholders.
- Continuously look for opportunities to improve ways of working internally and cross functionally with other functions
- Ensure all project work delivers value for money to Partners through individual business plans and thorough review process post investment
Key Skills, Ability or Experience
- High attention to detail
- IT literate with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc
- Great interpersonal skills, able to build relationships with both internal/external stakeholders
- Team working and working remotely/independently.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written.
- Good numeracy (A level Maths desirable).
If you can see yourself being part of this journey, apply today!
Happy to talk flexible working