Optometrist - Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Employer: Specsavers Opticians
Locations: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Specsavers Opticians in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk are seeking to recruit a GOC registered Optometrist.
Duties of the roles will include:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles and contact lenses, as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
- To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
- To maintain ongoing professional CET.
Qualifications / skills required:
- Full registration as an Optometrist with the General Optical Council.
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the College of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
- Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
- Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
- Demonstrable previous experience.
Get in touch
For more information or to apply, please contact Katie Cunningham at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 771892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.