Finance Business Partner (FTC)
At Vision Express we’re passionate about what we do and customer satisfaction is at the top of our agenda. From our stores to our support centre... everyone has a key part to play.
We are recruiting a Finance Business Partner to be based in our Store Support Centre here in Ruddington, Nottingham.
You'll provide business partnering to one of three Divisional Directors - including guidance and support to both Regional and Stores Managers to establish short, medium and long term plans for the stores in order to maximise performance.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Support the Divisional Director and provide business partnering in all financial aspects.
• Assist the Finance Manager in all aspects of store specific financial issues.
• Provide the financial lead in the regional store manager meetings, providing challenge and adding value through support and analysis.
• Provide the financial lead in quarterly regional reviews, alongside the Divisional Director, providing challenge and adding value through support and analysis.
• Challenge all areas of the Profit and Loss account and KPIs, proposing solutions and remedial actions where applicable.
• Analyse financial information and challenge the Divisional Director on labour costs, proposing solutions and remedial action wherever applicable. Regular identification of areas for action. Measure links to other aspects of P&L and KPI’s where necessary.
• Prepare the budgets for the division, regions and store level.
• Forecasting performance for sales and labour at division, region and store level.
• Regional store visits to support the operations team and provide key financial support to help drive performance and improve overall profitability within our store network.
• Participating in and challenging in operational key meetings to support the business needs.
• Monitor full P&Ls for stores and liaise with Financial Accounting team to ensure any allocation issues are resolved.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• Advanced Excel skills
• Analytical skills and experience
• Extensive Management Accounting or Financial Analysis experience
• Experience within a retail environment
• Have a minimum of 3 years experience within commercial finance function or working in a similar role
• Previous experience of business partnering
• Recently qualified or on final levels in recognised accounting qualification ie CIMA or ACCA.
• To work well as part of a team, as well as being self-motivated and well organised
• To have excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a challenging role, which would suit a candidate with commercial awareness, with good communication skills, and someone who is able to respond at pace to multiple client needs and balance priorities and derive job satisfaction by giving excellent customer service, thus adding value to Vision Express.
The role does require some travel so a full driving licence is essential