Payroll Teamlead - Maternity cover
Do you love working with payroll? And are you enthusiastic about providing excellent service to our store colleagues in a fun and dynamic environment? Are you ready for a next step in your career and interested in coaching and leading a payroll team?
Then we would be happy to see you apply for the position as Payroll Teamlead in our Swedish support office in Gothenburg.
It has been an incredible journey from our humble beginnings to where we are now. Along the way, we have actively sought out challenges to bring us closer to our ambition: to bring accessible healthcare to the high street.
Today, Specsavers is the world’s largest private optical retailer, operating in more than 10 countries and providing eye and hearing care to over 38 million customers globally, together with more than 37,000 employees at our stores and support offices.
Our optical stores in Sweden are supported by our Shared Service Centre (FAS), in which controllers, accountants and payroll administrators work together to provide a number of services that help our Store Partners in the day-to-day running of their stores.
What you’ll do
As a Payroll Teamlead, you will be leading a team of four payroll administrators who are all handling end-to-end payroll administration for approximately 15-17 stores each. You will also have your own stores (approx. 8) that your make the payroll administration for yourself. Next to payroll, you will also be responsible for supporting all stores that are part of our inhouse payroll with basic labour law within the payroll area.
It’s only recently that we decided to take our payroll function in Sweden in-house so the team is still quite new. Now our current teamlead is going on maternity leave and we’re therefore looking for a skilled payroll professional with great leadership capabilities to fill her role during the maternity leave.
In this team, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Team leader for the payroll team including daily leadership of the team; expert in payroll questions; leading projects relating to the payroll function; securing that the function follows all applicable legislation and the correct procedures; payroll yearly tasks (new holiday year; pay review; bonuses to partners); creating pdp:s and setting bonuses for the team
- Provide service and support to internal stakeholders and external partners
- Responsible for communication from Payroll to our store Partners
- Process the payroll administration in Hogia Lön+ according to our collective agreements (Handels, Unionen and SRAT)
- Manage time reports, travel expenses, holidays, statistics, insurance, and pensions
- Support the financial department with monthly/yearly closing procedures
- Manage the delivery of tax filing and payment by preparing files for payment and ensuring that all relevant documentation is kept up to date
- Be the first point of contact for all operational payroll related questions from Store Partners and colleagues, Regional Relationship Managers, Accountants, Controllers, the HR team etc.
- Manage employee benefits, employer’s certificates, and work certificates.
Who you are
We are looking for a Payroll Teamlead, who has gained experience from working with payroll systems and pre-systems (preferably Hogia Lön and/or Quinyx), and who is knowledgeable about the Swedish labour law. We need someone with a structured mindset, being very attentive to details and always delivering high quality. On the other hand, you should also be a proactive person with the ability to take ownership of solving problems and finding the right solutions. This also requires an analytic/mathematic mind since you need to be able to understand errors to improve them. You need to be confident and service-minded towards our Store Partners, to relieve them from additional pressure by supporting them through a can-do attitude.
As a Teamlead you need to have great leadership capabilities and qualities, including a coaching mindset and the ability to plan, coordinate and prioritize activities within the team. If you have held a formal leader role before that is a big advantage but it could also work if you have led projects within the payroll area or similar.
Other than that, you should be able to accommodate the following qualifications:
- Obtained education in payroll administration from University/KY/YH
- Minimum of 3 years vocational experience within payroll
- Having worked with payroll administration in a Swedish Retail business is an advantage, but not a must
What’s in it for you?
At Specsavers, we promise you a highly dynamic workplace and a company that is growing at a high pace. Recently voted the top European retailer by Great Place to Work 2020, Specsavers is constantly progressing and very passionate about being the best in everything we do.
As our new Payroll Teamlead, you will be working together with our talented and fun-loving colleagues in the Payroll team. The wide variety of job tasks within payroll, and the possibility to support our Store Partners with new structures, processes, and systems in the day-to-day running of their stores, are what makes this job exciting.
On top of that, we offer all kinds of employee perks, such as:
- Join a smart, passionate, and confident team with colleagues from many nationalities
- Great training and development opportunities, where no two days will be the same in our changing matrix environment
- An informal, supportive, and fast-moving environment with little bureaucracy
- Great coffee, lots of laughs, regular birthday and Christmas treats, social events and much more
- A salary package matching your qualifications with a pension scheme, and other staff benefits
- Be part of a business which serves a major impact on the future of eye care.
Is this you? Great!
We’d love to hear from you. To apply, send your application using the button below. We’re on the lookout for the right person to join us as soon as possible, so please apply with your application letter and CV, and you’ll hear from us soon.
If you have any questions regarding the position, you’re welcome to contact Team Lead Payroll Administrator in Sweden, Isabella Gustafsson, on e-mail: email@example.com or Head of HR, Jennie Widell, on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the recruitment process go to Senior Talent Acquisition Partner Northern Europe, Marianne Selch, at + 45 51 56 37 92.