Lab Support Manager
For over three decades our purpose hasn’t changed: we are here to make a positive difference to the lives of all. Through the exceptional products, services and value we offer - is what sets us apart.
We are proud of how far we’ve come as a business, now we want to see you grow with us.
At Specsavers we promise to make you feel good, smart and cared for. To support this promise we offer competitive salaries, pension scheme, medical and dental care including a range of additional benefits that make Specsavers a great place to work.
This is an initial 8 month contract home based role with responsibility for stores in ROI, NI, Scotland & North Division.
A great opportunity to work within the laboratory support team, to ensure that our stores deliver the best quality glasses to our customers, first time, every time.
The role will involve visits, and remote support for all stores within your allocated regions, to audit their product quality, and advise on improvements to process and procedures within the lab, driving efficiency.
It will also involve delivering the Specsavers lab training courses to both new and experienced technicians, by way of face to face workshops, and Virtual Classrooms.
- Deliver and evaluate a range of laboratory-related support and training interventions to stores, using a variety of media and up-to-date training methods;
- Store visits to influence JVPs, in-store laboratory managers and technicians, so that in-store laboratories deliver consistently high-quality glasses to our customers;
- Liaise directly with the Retail Support teams and other Specsavers departments to ensure that support and development meets store requirements;
- Carry out in-store laboratory quality audits to ensure an awareness of and adherence to the brand quality standards;
- Deliver training workshops and attend meetings that may require overnight stays
Essential skills include
- Strong optical laboratory technician skills, ideally with experience in a retail laboratory environment
- Proven commitment to delivering great customer service
- Good communication skills and the ability to influence colleagues at all levels, including operational and senior management
- Flexibility to travel on a nationwide basis and spend nights away from home as required
If you can see yourself being part of this journey, apply today!
Happy to talk flexible working