Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Optical Express is the UK’s only complete eye care provider, and Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye surgery and premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery. Each week Optical Express Surgeons undertake more laser eye surgery and private intraocular lens procedures collectively than any other providers.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. Operating clinics across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe, Optical Express, supported by an esteemed International Medical Advisory Board, is a thought leader in the global optometry and refractive surgery industry.
Optical Express gives patients their very best results through investing in state of the art technology, employing experienced, highly skilled surgeons and optometrists, continuously analysing clinical outcomes and working with pioneers and innovators from within the industry, to include Johnson & Johnson Vision and Zeiss.
We are currently seeking an experienced Architect to be based at our Cumbernauld head office. We are looking for a high calibre, dynamic and enthusiastic individual with a keen eye for detail. You must have a thorough understanding of AUTOCAD and ideally knowledge of visualization tools. The successful candidate must be thorough, detail oriented, able to meet established project deadlines, driven by performance and thrive within a relatively independent work environment with minimal supervision.
You will report into the Group Property Manager and will work closely with the Property team and other internal departments. The role requires sound comprehensive knowledge of design, CAD/graphics and reading of drawings. The successful Architect will essentially be responsible for developing designs for complete and complex projects where we expect you to plan and execute the presentation of these in graphic form; you must also have a sound working knowledge of UK Planning & Building Regulations and relevant British Standards.
You should have experience of working in a dynamic, challenging, driven and targeted Retail Architecture Environment/Culture.
As Architect you will be responsible for the following:
- Preparing design layouts and develop through to construction drawings for use on-site
- Project Manage multiple projects within the Group
- Ensure compliance with approved design standards to provide quality design, safety, constructability, reliable operation, construction economy, and operating convenience
- Provide full responsibility from drawing to completion and liaising with Marketing, Builders, Landlords, Construction and various other individuals
- Reviewing and checking calculations, drawings and design documents for quality, accuracy, neatness, functionality, and company satisfactory completion
- Assembling bid, approval, and construction issue drawing packages
- Ensuring the preparation and review of design solutions, which fully comply with all applicable current legislation, British Standards and agreed time, cost and quality requirements
- Ensure compliance, in all activities undertaken, with Company Environmental, Safety & Health requirements
- Ensure compliance of mechanical building services and HVAC equipment with statutory requirements, national standards and recognised best practice standard, if required by project
There will be essential travelling involved throughout the UK and potentially abroad, therefore it is required that you hold a Full UK Driving License and are committed to ensuring that you are able to travel when required.
- Degree level education in Architecture
- Previous Retail Project Management background
- Equivalent combination of education, training and vast amount of experience
- Experience across Residential, Commercial, Industrial or Environmental sectors
Skills and Special Requirements/Licensing:
- Strong AutoCAD skills and be experienced with Sketch Up
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and codes
- Experience in working with multiple discipline projects
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite
- Awareness of contractual relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Deadline and performance driven as well as open to learning new skills
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Free or discounted optical products/procedures
- Career progression
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
- This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer.