Optometrist - Maidstone, Kent
Employer: Specsavers Opticians
Salary: £36,000 - £52,000 per annum (based on experience and accreditations held). Possibility for additional performance related bonus in the future.
Locations: Maidstone (and surrounding areas), Kent
Description:Specsavers Opticians in Maidstone, Kent are seeking to recruit an experienced GOC registered Optometrist.
Duties of the role will include:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles and contact lenses, as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
- To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
- To maintain ongoing professional CET.
Qualifications / skills required:
- Full registration as an Optometrist with the General Optical Council.
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the College of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
- Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
- Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
- Demonstrable previous experience.
To apply for a post please forward your full CV with a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for appointment to: Catherine Fairbanks on email@example.com