Dispensing Optician Vacancy Pearl Vision
Tooting, South London
Pearl Vision ( Part of the Pearl Chemist group) prides itself on delivering a comprehensive eye examination and the best advice on patient eyecare needs.
A vacancy has opened up for a GOC registered Dispensing Optician within the practice. You will be working in the opticians based inside the pharmacy in a relaxed environment focusing on delivering excellent patient care.
The ideal candidate for this position will have
- This is a Full time role over a 5 day week, working alternate Saturdays with a day off in the week. You will receive 20 days holiday and 8 bank holidays.
- The salary scale is up to £28k per annum depending on experience
- A strong interest in the latest eyewear and the ability to dispense patients with real passion.
- Demonstrate good and effective communication skills and be able to understand our customers needs with that ‘ can do’ attitude.
- Delivering exceptional customer service and being able to develop good relations with clients and fellow colleagues.
- Being able to dispense, fit and advise customers on glasses and contact lenses in line with GOC and College of Optometrist guidelines.
- Being accountable for stock levels and replenishment and maintaining shop displays.
- Having a good knowledge of ophthalmic lenses and have some glazing skills/experience. Training can be provided if required for those with no or minimal experience.
- Being accountable for day to day practice admin and working closely with the Optometrist to ensure sales targets are met and growth.
- Benefits include 20% staff discount at the Opticians and the pharmacy and company pension. Going forward, with the intention to introduce a sales bonus based on performance against targets.