Global Product Manager - Ophthalmic Lenses - Japan
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Product Manager to join a highly successful Global Marketing team, to accelerate the development of our clients ophthalmic lens business through developing new innovations and marketing activities.
Based in Tokyo, Japan this position will have a global scope across all functions and geographies, requiring excellent communication skills. You will have a proven ability to translate the voices of trade and customers into solutions and go-to-market plans. You will be able to think strategically and creatively, keeping attention to detail with a sound grasp and affinity for technical/medical products.
- Propose and develop new product and marketing concepts for the designated consumer category to drive business acceleration
- Create full marketing packages for new product launches, from initial conceptualization to execution, ensuring smooth and timely global rollout with the Product Marketing Manager
- Collaborate with both internal departments and external agencies to create consumer-centric and engaging content and assets for both B2B and B2C communication (key visuals, POS, advertisements, brochures, technical and product presentations, key selling points, etc.)
- Work with R&D, NPI and the local marketing teams to drive new product setup and launches to ensure smooth go-to-market
- Facilitates the sharing of best practices among countries around the world and liaise with them to create content and strategies to better address the needs of individual markets.
- Keep up to date with market intelligence to stay in tune with the latest consumers' needs and trends in the market, and capitalize the insights into new innovations
- Actively seek feedback and work to improve the solutions and tools offered globally
- We are looking for a highly creative and strategic individual with an academic background in Marketing (BSc or similar) and experience working in a product management / marketing or related position.
- Whilst ophthalmic experience is desirable, it is important for you to be able to demonstrate an affinity with technical products, being comfortable in translating technical information into consumer-friendly content.
- You will be highly organised able to manage multiple projects on a worldwide scale with first class communication skills (excellent written and spoken English)
- Experience of working with external creative agencies will be a plus.
Our client is a highly reputable optical manufacturer with a global network, a pioneer in lens technology. The company strives to design lenses that offer the best possible vision to every person with a leading name for its product, quality and service. They deliver the latest in optical innovations - resulting in superior optics, reliability and durability. This would suit a dynamic individual who is committed to working to high professional standards. They have ambitious plans to develop its market offering against the ever changing needs of the industry and this role could offer a great opportunity for someone to be instrumental in its success.
Our client will pay a competitive salary with fantastic employee benefits. Furthermore a full relocation package (for family) will be offered alongside paid for accommodation. We are working to a deadline so please get in find out more about this exciting opportunity.