Domiciliary Optical Assistant - North London
Specsavers Role Guide – Optical Assistant (Domiciliary)
To be a key and integral part in the operation of the Specsavers Home Visits business in order to own each of your clinics in order to deliver provide outstanding customer service, sales targets and profitability through the effective dispensing of lenses and to be a valuable part of a successful Specsavers Home Visits team.
About the Role
You will be part of a Specsavers Home Visits team, conducting eye tests and dispensing glasses in people’s homes and care homes to customers who are unable to get to a store for medical reasons. This will mean either working as part of the customer journey with a comprehensive handover from the optometrist or travelling with the optometrist to conduct an end to end test and dispense and the delivery of glasses.
The applicant is expected to have thorough knowledge of optical products, the commercial element of the business, high levels of commitment to a very vulnerable part of the community and a passion for fantastic customer service.
Some of the things you will be responsible for are:
- Work to Specsavers Customer Service Standards, communicating effectively with all customers throughout the customer journey
- Ensure smooth and efficient running of the day by being well prepared and working efficiently
- Carry out elements of the eye test
- Explore customer needs thoroughly to ensure the right level of assistance is understood and provided
- Liaise with carers, family members or other people present in order to achieve a fantastic level of customer care
- Ensure good working knowledge of Specsavers products, pricing and offers providing customer value at every available opportunity
- Understand visual perception and basic visual defects
- Ensure deliveries are conducted in a professional manner ensuring fit, comfort and visual acuities are checked accurately
- Dispense different single vision, high index, multifocal and aspheric lenses and a range of frame types, describing their features and benefits and their costs
- Deal with customer queries around lenses, and seek to overcome objections regarding specific products and dispense the best frame and lens option for each individual customer
- Support the business with local marketing, community activity and Care Home relationship building where required by the Partners
- Utilise a laptop and be able to use systems (Acuitas, Goldvision and Office 365) to ensure efficient service, ensuring laptops are synced as required – full training to be provided
- To collect payment due on the day and complete necessary company procedures e.g. Signature Capture
- Understand and apply NHS practices and procedures including GOS paperwork/process
- Ensure that all issues that arise on the day are reported as necessary and always ensure all booked tests are completed
- Maintain patient confidentiality and ensure that patient information is processed inline with information governance and data protection regulations
- If allocated a company vehicle, ensure it is clean, presentable and driven with care at all times
- Participate in creating a positive team spirit within the business by actively seeking to improve your own knowledge and skills, participating in all training sessions and sharing knowledge and best practice across the team
- Be an ambassador for the Specsavers Home Visits Brand at all times and Specsavers Brand reputation is maintained at all times
This is role is deemed to be regulated activity under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. An enhanced DBS and barring list check will be required prior to commencement of the role and repeated every 3 years.
About Specsavers Home Visits
Our passion is to deliver outstanding customer care, combined with sound dispensing advice and product recommendations that best suit individual customer needs. In additional to the highest quality equipment, we aim to provide both our store staff and our customers with an excellent overall environment. At Specsavers, we treat people as we would wish to be treated, and as such, you will be supported by well trained and motivated home visits staff, in addition to an expert professional team. Our expectation is that you will share our vision to provide our patients with the very best professional service as well as exceptional customer care on every Home Visit.
For more information or to apply, please contact Emily Spendiff at Specsavers Recruitment Service on 01566 770 124 or firstname.lastname@example.org.