Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser - Specsavers Mullingar
Role: Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser
Hours: Full time and part time considered. You will not be required to work every weekend but some weekend work will be needed so you must be flexible
Experience level: For this role you will need to be a qualified Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser and able to register with ISHAA
At Specsavers Hearcare in Mullingar, our primary focus is delivering hearing services to private patients. Within this role, you will perform hearing tests and advise which of our competitively priced hearing aids is best, to ensure each customer receives the first-class experience they expect. We’re looking for someone with experience in dispensing hearing aids but we can support with this if you have no prior experience.
About Specsavers Hearcare
Our passion is to deliver outstanding patient care, combined with sound dispensing advice and product recommendations that best suit individual customer needs. In additional to the highest quality equipment, we aim to provide both our store staff and our customers with an excellent overall environment. At Specsavers, we treat people as we would wish to be treated, and as such, you will be supported by well trained and motivated retail staff, in addition to an expert professional team. Our expectation is that you will share our vision to provide our patients with the very best professional service as well as exceptional customer care on every visit to your store.
If you’re a qualified Audiologist or Hearing Aid Dispenser, your next step could be joining our forward-thinking Hearcare business in Mullingar. At, Specsavers Hearcare a big part of our success is down to the expertise of our Hearing Aid Dispensers and the influence they have on our business. So if you’re ready to bring your passion and knowledge to Specsavers Hearcare you could soon be working closely with the director to drive the clinical direction of this growing hearcare business.
About the Role
You must be registered with the Irish Society of Hearing Aid Audiologists as a Hearing Aid Dispenser (HAD). You must possess a passion for fantastic customer service.
Some of the key tasks are as follows:
- To liaise with, organise and encourage store staff to book initial hearing awareness checks from store footfall, existing clients and external and internal promotions.
- To liaise with store managers and directors regarding the motivation and training of store staff to book hearing awareness checks and deal with existing clients.
- To keep daily contact with all your designated stores and ensure that hearing aid and battery stocks, leaflets and displays are kept up to date and in plentiful supply, and that all relevant information communicated by the Group is observed and passed on.
- To ensure that sufficient existing clients and new enquiries are seen to meet agreed personal performance standards.
- Work to Specsavers Customer Service Standards
- Actively seek to improve your own skills and product knowledge
- To work under the control and direction of your line manager/store director to the standards required, noting that the Company’s disciplinary or capability procedure will be used to record significant events or actions. To also observe the supervisory rules laid down by the Company in line with ISHAA requirements.
- To meet ISHAA and company agreed standards in conduct and performance.
- To meet all ISHAA requirements to maintain ISHAA registration
- To work to Company clinical and commercial standards.
- To maintain the effective hygienic condition of all Company issued equipment to agreed ISHAA and Company standards.
- To use audiometric and otoscopic test equipment to agreed Irish Society of Audiology (ISA) and Company standards, ensuring current calibration requirements are met.
- To select and demonstrate hearing aids whenever and wherever appropriate to agreed standards and carry out the fitting of hearing aids.
- To complete service appointments and rehabilitation appointments and re fitting of hearing aids as necessary and on time.
- To take aural impressions for the manufacture of hearing aids and ear moulds to agreed standards.
- To follow accurately and on time all Company administrative procedures.
- To maintain an accurate and up to date client record practising the security standards as lay down by ISHAA and Company procedure.
- To work politely and effectively with store staff and support office staff.
- To always observe local store rules.
- To promote the interests of the Company.
- To be professionally dressed and groomed.
- To ensure that any correspondence between ISHAA and employee is disclosed in a timely manner to your line manager.
- Effectively inform customers about all Specsavers products and offers
- Be an ambassador for the Specsavers brand at all times
More about Specsavers Hearcare
Specsavers Hearcare has over 800 stores and is still growing. A big part of our success is down to our Hearing Aid Dispensers and the influence they have on our business. Because of our unique model, our Hearing Aid Dispensers have the opportunity to work directly with the Hearcare Joint Venture Partner and contribute to the clinical direction of the business. With Specsavers, your input and ideas will matter more.
You can find out more information about Specsavers Audiology here: https://join.specsavers.com/uk/department/audiology/
For this role you'll be employed by Specsavers Hearcare in Drogheda. Drogheda Hearcare is an accredited Platinum Employer – this means you can expect an exceptional employee experience every single day you work here. The Platinum Employer Scheme is part of the Specsavers drive to become a famous place to work. Stores with this accreditation have been verified on five key employer standards: Recruitment, Performance Management and Reward, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact our Audiology Resourcing Partner, Sophie Ayland on +44(0)1566 770 129 or email email@example.com.