Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser - Kingston-upon-Thames Hearcare
4 days left
- Full Time
Role: Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser
Location: Kingston-upon-Thames to cover clinics in Wandsworth, Surbiton, Putney, Clapham and New Malden
Hours: Part time to include weekend work
Experience level: For this role you will need to be a qualified Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser and able to HCPC register
At Specsavers Hearcare in Kingston-upon-Thames, our primary focus is delivering hearing services to private patients. Within this role, you will perform hearing tests and advise which of our competitively priced hearing aids is best, to ensure each customer receives the first-class experience they expect. We’re looking for someone with experience in dispensing hearing aids but we can support with this if you have no prior experience.
About Specsavers Hearcare
Our passion is to deliver outstanding patient care, combined with sound dispensing advice and product recommendations that best suit individual customer needs. In additional to the highest quality equipment, we aim to provide both our store staff and our customers with an excellent overall environment. At Specsavers, we treat people as we would wish to be treated, and as such, you will be supported by well trained and motivated retail staff, in addition to an expert professional team. Our expectation is that you will share our vision to provide our patients with the very best professional service as well as exceptional customer care on every visit to your store.
Our Hearcare businesses consist of the ‘hub’ store and a number of ‘spoke’ stores. The business will be named after the hub store. They then provide clinics in the spokes which are located in the nearby surrounding area and are usually Specsavers stores. We have also branched out into external clinics in various NHS locations in the local area. As our hearcare business continues to grow some of our hub stores are now stand alone stores that offer hearing tests only. Lastly, many of our hearcare businesses offer domiciliary to our patients that are unable to visit us in store.
About Kingston-upon-Thames Hearcare
You'll be working with private patients only and therefore HCPC registration is essential for this role. You will be based at our hub store in Kingston-upon-Thames and will also be running clinics at our stores in Wandsworth, Surbiton, Putney, Clapham and New Malden. We also offer a domiciliary service for our customers that are unable to make it into our stores. Lastly, we offer a microsuction/wax removal service. Experience in wax removal/mircosuction would therefore be useful but if you're not already trained we are happy to support you by putting you on the course.
About the Role
You must be registered with the Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a Hearing Aid Dispenser (HAD). You must possess a passion for fantastic customer service.
Some of the key tasks are as follows:
- To liaise with, organise and encourage store staff to book initial hearing awareness checks from store footfall, existing clients and external and internal promotions.
- To liaise with store managers and directors regarding the motivation and training of store staff to book hearing awareness checks and deal with existing clients.
- To keep daily contact with all your designated stores and ensure that hearing aid and battery stocks, leaflets and displays are kept up to date and in plentiful supply, and that all relevant information communicated by the Group is observed and passed on.
- To ensure that sufficient existing clients and new enquiries are seen to meet agreed personal performance standards.
- Understand and apply NHS practices and procedures as appropriate
- Work to Specsavers Customer Service Standards
- Actively seek to improve your own skills and product knowledge
- To work under the control and direction of your line manager/store director to the standards required, noting that the Company’s disciplinary or capability procedure will be used to record significant events or actions. To also observe the supervisory rules laid down by the Company in line with HCPC requirements.
- To meet HCPC and company agreed standards in conduct and performance.
- To meet all HCPC requirements to maintain HCPC registration
- To work to Company clinical and commercial standards.
- To maintain the effective hygienic condition of all Company issued equipment to agreed HCPC and Company standards.
- To use audiometric and otoscopic test equipment to agreed British Society of Audiology (BSA) and Company standards, ensuring current calibration requirements are met.
- To select and demonstrate hearing aids whenever and wherever appropriate to agreed standards and carry out the fitting of hearing aids.
- To complete service appointments and rehabilitation appointments and re fitting of hearing aids as necessary and on time.
- To take aural impressions for the manufacture of hearing aids and ear moulds to agreed standards.
- To follow accurately and on time all Company administrative procedures.
- To maintain an accurate and up to date client record practising the security standards as lay down by HCPC, BSHAA and Company procedure.
- To work politely and effectively with store staff and support office staff.
- To always observe local store rules.
- To promote the interests of the Company.
- To be professionally dressed and groomed.
- To ensure that any correspondence between HCPC and employee is disclosed in a timely manner to your line manager.
- Effectively inform customers about all Specsavers products and offers
- Be an ambassador for the Specsavers brand at all times
More about Specsavers Hearcare
Specsavers Hearcare has over 800 stores and is still growing. A big part of our success is down to our Hearing Aid Dispensers and the influence they have on our business. Because of our unique model, our Hearing Aid Dispensers have the opportunity to work directly with the Hearcare Joint Venture Partner and contribute to the clinical direction of the business. With Specsavers, your input and ideas will matter more.
You can find out more information about Specsavers Audiology here: https://join.specsavers.com/uk/department/audiology/
Kingston-upon-Thames Hearcare is an accredited Platinum Employer – this means you can expect an exceptional employee experience every single day you work here. The Platinum Employer Scheme is part of the Specsavers drive to become a famous place to work. Stores with this accreditation have been verified on five key employer standards: Recruitment, Performance Management and Reward, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact our Audiology Resourcing Partner, Sophie Ayland, on 01566 770 129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.