Optometrist - Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- Full Time
Employer: Specsavers Opticians
Locations: Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
Specsavers Opticians in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk are seeking to recruit a GOC registered Optometrist.
Duties of the roles will include:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles and contact lenses, as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
- To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
- To maintain ongoing professional CET.
Qualifications / skills required:
- Full registration as an Optometrist with the General Optical Council.
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the College of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
- Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
- Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
- Demonstrable previous experience.
Get in touch
Please be aware that many of the Specsavers employment opportunities are currently on hold due to the COVID-19 outbreak. However, we are still keen to register your interest for when things return to normal. To discuss this position in more detail, please contact Charlotte Behennah at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 770121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org