Optical Assistant - St Albans
If you’re all about providing exceptional levels of service as part of a close-knit team, you’ll love the customer-focused ethos of our St Albans Practice.
At Specsavers, we're passionate about nurturing our founding vision - to support our staff to become the best they can be. We're committed to cultivating raw talent and letting it thrive, which is why it's not unheard-of for our talented Optical Assistants to quickly progress through the ranks and ultimately run their own store or even embark upon a career in Optometry.
Does this people-focused, dynamic opportunity sound like something you would like to pursue? Well, you're in luck. At our St Albans Store, we currently have the following package on offer for qualified Optical Assistants like yourself:
• Competitive and desirable salary dependent on experience
• Full Time Position
• Inclusion on Specsavers Pension Scheme
• Exclusive access to Specsavers Perks
• Phenomenal one-on-one dedication to your progression
• Multiple training and learning courses to aid your development
As well as outstanding development opportunities and the tools you’ll need to succeed, you'll also be able to take advantage of our unique business model. Specsavers is a Partnership of nearly 2,000 individually-run businesses meaning that, even as a member of our retail staff, you'll find that you can directly influence the success of the store you work in.
What the job involves?
• Approaching customers to offer assistance
• Arranging appointments and operating the till
• Building superb knowledge of Specsavers products
• Analysing prescriptions and accurately dispensing single vision lenses
• Learning and applying NHS practices and procedures
• Gaining basic optical knowledge about visual perception and visual defects
What you will need?
• Previous experience in Optics
• Proven customer service skills
• A real passion for self-development
• Dedication to working in a collaborative environment
• A desire to help others and support Specsavers' partner charities
Specsavers is about more than just selling glasses, hearing aids and contact lenses… it’s also about changing lives for the better. Our lively, dynamic working environment puts you at the heart of this process, giving you the chance to make a difference and see the effects of your hard work in the smiles of customers leaving your store.
To discuss this position in more detail, please contact Laura Adams on 07947 280 660 or email email@example.com.