We are recruiting for an ambitious Assistant Manager.
In this role you will work as part of a team of optical professionals that strive to ensure every customer receives exceptional service. The role is to assist the Practice Manager proactively with the management of a team that provides consistently an excellent standard of customer service, as well as the delivery of first class dispensing services.
The successful candidate will be expected to work to the highest professional standards and contribute to the continued success of our growing company.
As a highly established business, the company is committed to offer impeccable customer service, an individualised customer journey, longer testing times using the best and innovative products within the industry.
The principal aspects of the role are:
- Follow procedures and processes to ensure the effective management of the team;
- work collaboratively with team members and management colleagues in order to meet the objectives of the business;
- lead team meetings and put forward / collect ideas and feedback in order to improve ways of working;
- interpret optical prescriptions;
- give advice to patients on lens type, frames and styling;
- with further training, fit contact lenses and give advice on their care and use;
- take frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning;
- maximise sales whilst minimising costs to ensure the achievement of specified margins and targets.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in the optical industry.
- The ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
- Commercially aware.
- Competitive salary and benefits including paid ABDO and GOC fees (if applicable), company pension scheme, team member discounts, uniform allowance, team bonus.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays, offering greater freedom for work-life balance.