We are recruiting for a friendly and dedicated Optical Assistant.
In this role you will work as part of a team of optical professionals that strive to ensure every customer receives exceptional service. The Optical Assistant is the first person a customer has contact with when phoning or coming in to one of our branches, so the role is essential in making a good first impression and contributing to providing the highest standard of customer care.
The successful candidate will be well presented, have excellent communication skills and eager to learn new skills.
As a highly established business, the company is committed to offer impeccable customer service, an individualised customer journey, longer testing times using the best and innovative products within the industry.
The principal aspects of the role are:
- Meet and greet patients as they come into the practice and register them.
- Assist patients with enquiries and appointments.
- Announce patient appointments and hand over / coordinate patients.
- Order or allocate contact lenses and handle associated queries and DD arrangements.
- Perform minor adjustments and fitting requirements once training is received.
- Provide patients with pricing information in relation to our products and services.
- Assist with dispenses, where authorised to do so by the Practice Manager and where appropriate.
- Pre-screen, take pressures and fields, take retinal photography once training is received and when authorised by the Practice Manager.
- Maximise sales whilst minimising costs to ensure the achievement of specified margins and targets.
- Relevant knowledge and experience in a similar role.
- The ability to work efficiently in a team environment.
- Commercially aware.
- Competitive salary and benefits including paid ABDO and GOC fees (if applicable), company pension scheme, team member discounts, uniform allowance, team bonus.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays, offering greater freedom for work-life balance.