Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser - Chesterfield Hearcare
Role: Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser
Location: Chesterfield to cover clinics in Matlock and Sutton-in-Ashfield
Hours: Full time and part time hours both considered (please note that one of your working days will be a Saturday or Sunday every other weekend)
Experience level: For this role you will need to be a qualified Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser and able to HCPC register
At Specsavers Hearcare in Chesterfield we’re looking for an enthusiastic Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser to join our team. Specsavers Hearcare is now the largest private supplier of digital hearing aids in the country and, most importantly, we are leading the way in delivering Hearcare services to our rapidly growing number of AQP patients. Because of our expansion, we are able to offer you a position testing both private and AQP patients.
Our passion is to deliver outstanding patient care, combined with sound dispensing advice and product recommendations that best suit individual customer needs. In additional to the highest quality equipment, we aim to provide both our store staff and our customers with an excellent overall environment. At Specsavers, we treat people as we would wish to be treated, and as such, you will be supported by well trained and motivated retail staff, in addition to an expert professional team. Our expectation is that you will share our vision to provide our patients with the very best professional service as well as exceptional customer care on every visit to your store.
Our Hearcare businesses consist of the ‘hub’ store and a number of ‘spoke’ stores. The business will be named after the hub store. They then provide clinics in the spokes which are located in the nearby surrounding area and are usually Specsavers stores. We have also branched out into external clinics in various NHS locations in the local area. As our hearcare business continues to grow some of our hub stores are now stand alone stores that offer hearing tests only. Lastly, many of our hearcare businesses offer domiciliary to our patients that are unable to visit us in store.
At Specsavers Hearcare in Chesterfield our business currently tests private and NHS patients across our stores in Chesterfield and Matlock and we offer private testing only in our store in Sutton-in-Ashfield. We also offer home visits so it is essential that you have a valid driving licence.
- To generate business as appropriate.
- To meet HPC and company agreed standards in conduct and performance.
- To meet all HPC requirements in regard to maintaining full registration with the council as well as the attainment of CPD points as set out within the HPC/BSHAA legislation.
- To work to Company clinical and commercial standards.
- To maintain the effective hygienic condition of all Company issued equipment to agreed HPC and Company standards.
- To use audiometric and otoscopic test equipment to agreed HPC and Company standards, ensuring current calibration requirements are met.
- To select and demonstrate hearing aids whenever and wherever appropriate to agreed standards and carry out the fitting of hearing aids.
- To complete service appointments and rehabilitation appointments and re fitting of hearing aids as necessary and on time.
- To take aural impressions for the manufacture of hearing aids to agreed standards.
- To follow accurately and on time all Company administrative procedures.
- To maintain in each store an accurate and up to date client record practising the security standards as laid down by HPC and Company procedure.
- To work politely and effectively with store staff and support office staff.
- To always observe local store rules.
- To promote the interests of the Company.
- To be professionally dressed and groomed.
- To follow the ethics and working practices as determined by the Company and the HPC.
- To ensure that any correspondence between HPC and employee is disclosed in a timely manner to your line manager.
- To become familiarised with all the laws and regulations as may from time to time govern the duties of an HAD in particular the HAC Act of 1968 and the HAC COP
- Follow NHS guidelines at all times
- Effectively inform customers about all Specsavers products and offers
- Meet and exceed all personal and team goals
- Be an ambassador for the Specsavers brand at all times
More about Specsavers Hearcare
Specsavers Hearcare has over 800 stores and is still growing. A big part of our success is down to our Hearing Aid Dispensers and the influence they have on our business. Because of our unique model, our Hearing Aid Dispensers have the opportunity to work directly with the Hearcare Joint Venture Partner and contribute to the clinical direction of the business. With Specsavers, your input and ideas will matter more.
You can find out more information about Specsavers Audiology here: https://join.specsavers.com/uk/department/audiology/
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact our Audiology Resourcing Partner, Sophie Ayland on 01566 770 129 or email email@example.com.