Business Development Manager - West Midlands
Business Development Manager job in the West Midlands. Zest Optical are currently looking to recruit a Business Development Manager for a leading designer and manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses. You will be responsible for managing a territory around the North West Midlands area including Walsall, Wolverhampton, Stoke-on-Trent, Stockport, Derby & Telford.
The Business Development Manager represents the company in the designated territory and is responsible for the development of profitable growth in value and volume according to the agreed budget. The role will also involve increasing market share via business consulting and building long-term relationships with existing and new customers
- To maintain a consistent call programme in field for both Direct and Indirect Independent Accounts across the geographical area to increase sales by ensuring that the company becomes the preferred supplier.
- To sell in full the range of products by negotiation with opticians
- To present all relevant marketing/commercial activity to key personnel agreeing actions and processes required to ensure its success.
- To regularly review with all customers their business, product mix and supplier preferences promoting the company as first choice.
- To agree and implement customer training, both in practice and in seminar format, on all new and existing products to improve added value sales.
- To maintain accurate customer records and reports for relevant accounts to ensure that sales data and market activity can be analysed accurately
The candidate will have a strong Optical background and will need to be either a fully qualified Dispensing Optician or currently selling Ophthalmic Lenses. You will also need strong time management and organisational skills, with a keen interest in customer needs and attention to detail.
In return, you will be offered a competitive benefits package: Which will include basic salary up to £33,000, plus bonus, car, phone and other additional company benefits. For further information please contact Alex Grimes on