Optometrist - Ryde, Isle Of Wight
Optometry jobs at Specsavers
Optometrist, Ryde, Isle Of Wight
A rare opportunity has become available for Optometrists to join the team at the Ryde practice on the Isle of Wight. The store is part of the UK’s most trusted optical brand.
We are looking for driven professionals to drive the store success even further, there is even the exciting prospect of becoming a join Venture Partner. In return the following package is on offer:
- Partnership opportunity
- Basic Salary up to £55k depending on experience
- Potential joining bonus of up to £10k!!
- Rewarding bonus scheme based on personal performance
- Relocation package to help candidates interested in relocating to the island
- 33 days holiday per annum
- Full time and part time opportunities available
- A range of benefits to include a medical and dental package, generous pension scheme, all professional fees paid and death in service
- Full support and progression available including CET courses, ILM management courses supported, JVP Pathway support and movement to Lead/Senior Optometrist roles
The Ryde store is due for a refit and is currently under new management and direction:
- Relaxed 25 minute test time clinics
- Both phoropter and trial frames available in all test rooms
- Close links with ophthalmic department at local hospital
- Parking nearby at both Ryde and Newport stores
- Choice of involvement in contact lens work
- Close-knit, motivated teams
- Choice of whether to work in the larger Newport store or the smaller Ryde store
What the island offers:
- Unique island lifestyle
- Lots of opportunity for those interested in sailing/water sports. A great seaside town.
- Very regular crossings to the mainland (both Portsmouth and Southampton) with the quickest being a mere 10 minutes!
- Reasonable house prices whilst still offering island living
- Offering history and heritage alongside a lively diary of island events
- A great, safe place to bring up children with fantastic schools.
- Amazing restaurants.
For more information or to apply, please contact George Coleing at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 770 223 or email George.firstname.lastname@example.org
Specsavers began more than 35 years ago with the vision of two optometrists, Doug and Mary Perkins, who set out to provide best-value eyecare to everybody. Their passion for optometry has led Specsavers to become the largest privately-owned optical group in the world, delivering high-quality, affordable optical and hearing care in 10 countries. And it continues to shape the lives and experience of thousands of colleagues who are developing their careers with us across the globe. We are proud of how far we’ve come as a business, now we want to see you grow with us too.
This vacancy will close once we have filled all available assessment places. We therefore highly recommend early applications.