Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser - Darlington Hearcare
Role: Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser
Location: Darlington to cover clinics in Swaledale and home visits
Hours: Full time to include weekend work
Experience level: For this role you will need to be a qualified Audiologist/Hearing Aid Dispenser and able to HCPC register
There’s something very special about being a Hearing Aid Dispenser at Specsavers Hearcare in Darlington; when we say, we work as a team, we mean it. We only invest in the kind of supportive, inspiring people who help each other to be the best they can be.
With a recent influx of NHS patients many of our stores now provide as many NHS hearing tests as they do private hearing tests. Specsavers are now accredited by over half of the NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups in England to provide NHS hearing services in local community settings, helping people to get the assistance they need with their hearing closer to home. Because of our expansion, we are able to offer you a position testing both private and AQP patients. You’ll therefore have a variety of patients in your day to day role meaning no two days are every the same!
About Specsavers Hearcare
Our passion is to deliver outstanding patient care, combined with sound dispensing advice and product recommendations that best suit individual customer needs. In additional to the highest quality equipment, we aim to provide both our store staff and our customers with an excellent overall environment. At Specsavers, we treat people as we would wish to be treated, and as such, you will be supported by well trained and motivated retail staff, in addition to an expert professional team. Our expectation is that you will share our vision to provide our patients with the very best professional service as well as exceptional customer care on every visit to your store.
- To generate business as appropriate.
- To meet HPC and company agreed standards in conduct and performance.
- To meet all HPC requirements in regard to maintaining full registration with the council as well as the attainment of CPD points as set out within the HPC/BSHAA legislation.
- To work to Company clinical and commercial standards.
- To maintain the effective hygienic condition of all Company issued equipment to agreed HPC and Company standards.
- To use audiometric and otoscopic test equipment to agreed HPC and Company standards, ensuring current calibration requirements are met.
- To select and demonstrate hearing aids whenever and wherever appropriate to agreed standards and carry out the fitting of hearing aids.
- To complete service appointments and rehabilitation appointments and re fitting of hearing aids as necessary and on time.
- To take aural impressions for the manufacture of hearing aids to agreed standards.
- To follow accurately and on time all Company administrative procedures.
- To maintain in each store an accurate and up to date client record practising the security standards as laid down by HPC and Company procedure.
- To work politely and effectively with store staff and support office staff.
- To always observe local store rules.
- To promote the interests of the Company.
- To be professionally dressed and groomed.
- To follow the ethics and working practices as determined by the Company and the HPC.
- To ensure that any correspondence between HPC and employee is disclosed in a timely manner to your line manager.
- To become familiarised with all the laws and regulations as may from time to time govern the duties of an HAD in particular the HAC Act of 1968 and the HAC COP
- Follow NHS guidelines at all times
- Effectively inform customers about all Specsavers products and offers
- Meet and exceed all personal and team goals
- Be an ambassador for the Specsavers brand at all times
More about Specsavers Hearcare
Specsavers Hearcare has over 800 stores and is still growing. A big part of our success is down to our Hearing Aid Dispensers and the influence they have on our business. Because of our unique model, our Hearing Aid Dispensers have the opportunity to work directly with the Hearcare Joint Venture Partner and contribute to the clinical direction of the business. With Specsavers, your input and ideas will matter more.
You can find out more information about Specsavers Audiology here: https://join.specsavers.com/uk/department/audiology/
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact our Audiology Resourcing Partner, Sophie Ayland on 01566 770 129 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.