Lead Optometrist - Grimsby, Lincolnshire 1
Lead Optometrist, Grimsby, Lincolnshire
Specsavers in Grimsby are looking for an experienced Lead Optometrist to join them. The focus at this store, is about pulling together and working as a team to ensure that our valued patients have an excellent experience. Become our new Lead Optometrist at Specsavers in Grimsby – a highly successful store with a great reputation for staff progression and the very highest standards of customer care.
Specsavers began more than 35 years ago with the vision of two optometrists, Doug and Mary Perkins, who set out to provide best-value eyecare to everybody. Their passion for optometry has led Specsavers to become the largest privately-owned optical group in the world, delivering high-quality, affordable optical and hearing care in 10 countries. And it continues to shape the lives and experience of thousands of colleagues who are developing their careers with us across the globe. We are proud of how far we’ve come as a business, now we want to see you grow with us too.
What’s on Offer?
- An annual salary of up to £70,000 (depending on experience)
- A welcome bonus of up to £10,000 (depending on experience)
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Support with CET
- Exceptional clinical and professional development opportunities
We are passionate about the clinical development of our team, and as our new Lead Optometrist, we would support you with extra courses and specialisms that interest you. Whatever your ambitions, from WOPEC qualifications and independent prescribing to paediatric accreditations or enhanced optical services, we’ll do everything we can to help you be the best clinician you can be.
Our Lead Optometrists are an integral part of our store management team, so we’re keen to get you up to speed outside the test room too. With ILM courses, Pre-Reg supervision and the Specsavers Partnership scheme (Pathway) all available to explore. Along with your clinical expertise – this will stand you in good stead if you choose to become a store director yourself one day.
We’re fully equipped with 4 test rooms, the latest clinical technology (including OCT), and a team of 20 – which includes fully trained optical assistants, so everything is in place to let you focus on what you do best.
What makes us different?
The role offers the opportunity to work with Consultant Ophthalmologists both directly and via telemedicine. Secondary care level Glaucoma and cataract patient services are seen within the practice. Furthermore, consultant led training and coaching will be available in addition to the enhanced optical services expertise from our EOS Heads.
Welcome to the seaside!
This position will take you into the town of Grimsby, known for its spectacular beaches and seafood - perfect for people looking to escape to the seaside. Not only is the landscape brimming with beautiful views and architecture, it is within an easy distance of major towns including Hull, Lincoln, and Doncaster, whilst benefitting from being a short commute from some beautiful areas including Weelsby Woods, Peoples Park and Cleethorpes Beach. Despite being remote, we still profit from having a train station a short walk from the practice, and easy bus routes to the surrounding areas.
Our store is an accredited Platinum Employer – this means you can expect an exceptional employee experience every single day you work here. The Platinum Employer Scheme is part of the Specsavers drive to become a famous place to work. Stores with this accreditation have been verified on five key employer standards: Recruitment, Performance Management and Reward, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
What we’re looking for
- Alongside being a qualified and GOC registered Optometrist, the right person for this position will be confident, possess a strong worth ethic and a willingness to succeed.
- You’ll be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast-paced environment.
- We are looking for an Optometrist who will go the extra mile for our customers and someone who encourages and motivates their colleagues to do the same.
- You will assist the JVP and store manager in the management of store operations in order to achieve excellent customer service, clinical care, financial goals and business objectives.
- You will lead the optometric side of the business with the ultimate aim of providing the very best in patient eye care
- Whilst leading the optometric team, you will use your people management skills to engender a culture of professionalism and patient care. Leading from the front, your aim is to provide patients with the highest degree of professional eye care and customer service.
- Working in collaboration with the store manager you have responsibility for the day-to-day running of the business ensuring its long term growth and success
- Discuss and set business objectives with Store Partners
Find out more
If you like the sound of this opportunity, get in touch, we’d love to tell you more about it. Contact Natasha Sully on 01566 770120 or firstname.lastname@example.org.