Part Time Dispensing Optician
We are looking for a Part Time Dispensing Optician to join our leading family group of independent opticians. We strongly believe in our people and provide them with the best tools to thrive within a growing business, with a career structure designed to make the professional journey smoother.
This position is based in one of our community leading practice’s James Bryan Opticians in Chelmsford, Worcestershire, which has been offering a dedicated, caring and professional service for over 20 years. You must be well-presented, warm and welcoming with the ability to build rapport with each of our patients.
We strive to deliver the highest level of eyecare and quality eyewear to our patients through our unwavering commitment to excellence in every part of the customer experience.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensuring every customer gets a great experience when they come into our store.
- Listening to our customers wants and needs
- Explaining our products and offers
- Assist in providing good, clear advice and making a positive impression
- Interpret optical prescriptions
- We’re ideally looking for a Dispensing Optician with a flair for 'Style & fashion'
- Give advice to patients on lens types, frames and styling
- Take frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning
- Advise partially sighted patients in the use of low vision aids
- Advise patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed
- Select, manage and order a range of optical products
- Order lenses from prescription houses
- Check lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications
- Arrange and maintain shop displays
- Liaise with sales representatives from suppliers
- Supervise and train trainee dispensing opticians
- Keep accurate patient and business records
All of our team members enjoy a whole range of fantastic benefits including;
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Access to an innovative Employee perks platform
- An attractive bonus plan
- Have your birthday off as standard as well as 28 days’ annual leave pro rata
- Health plan
- Access to our Financial Flexibility Fund
It would be great to tell you a bit more about our FISH philosophy – Finding Inner Self Happiness. This is the secret ingredient that resulted in us being awarded Best company to work for, on the Sunday Time top 100 list. Sound intriguing? You’ll have to apply to find out more!
If you feel you are suitable for our full time Dispensing Optician position, we would love to hear from you!
Apply for Part Time Dispensing Optician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly