Optometry Development Manager
Optometry Development Manager
South West England
Feel like product quality is letting you down? Tired of speaking to dissatisfied patients? Then consider a move to Optical Express.
If your current employer simply isn’t making the grade, then we can help. From superb designer glasses to refractive surgery, Optical Express is setting the standards for our industry. If the superior products and service excellence which are important to you aren’t being provided in your current role, then it could be time to make the break and move from the ordinary to the exceptional.
As an Optical Express employee you’ll discover that we’re focused firmly on being best in class each and every time. It’s that focus which has seen us become the number one provider of private refractive surgery in the UK. High level partnerships with some of the leaders in optical technology, instantly-recognisable designer glasses brands and our comprehensive learning and development focus make us unique, and so the opportunities for our optometrists are too.
Just as we want to make our patients’ poor vision history, we want to make standard sight tests a thing of the past for our optometrists. Whether it’s our in-house CET events, our fully-funded Independent Prescribing course in partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University or ophthalmologist shadow days, our focus is firmly on ensuring our optometrists enjoy a fulfilling and stimulating working environment.
Every week, our optometrists and surgeons help to transform the vision of thousands of people across the country. That changes our patients’ lives. We’d like to change yours too – so why not get in touch now, and find out how joining Optical Express can revitalise your career?
We’re looking for an Optometry Development Manager to join us in the South West of England. The ODM position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Optometrist to further develop and enhance their career, being part of our senior clinical team. This role involves supporting and further developing the clinical skills, communication skills and knowledge of the Region’s Optometrists in all services that we offer.
Your role and duties will be varied:
- Acting as a leader, mentor and coach to fellow Optometrists, embracing all services and clinical policies of the organisation.
- Supporting the Regional Manager in maximising performance in all areas of the business through interactions with Optometrists.
- Addressing any areas of clinical under-performance or concern.
- Supporting the Regional Manager in addressing any non-clinical matter relating to Optometrists.
- Assisting in areas of business and optometry development – recruitment, induction and training.
In return, you’ll receive a fantastic selection of benefits including:
- Salary - market leading salary with the possibility of a relocation package.
- Bonus –the opportunity to significantly increase your salary through our reward and recognition scheme.
- Flexibility - we can offer an array of fantastic flexible working patterns to suit your lifestyle.
- Professional development - unrivalled learning and progression opportunities.
- Industry leading training – we make ongoing investment in the continued development of our optometrist trainers.
- CET - the opportunity to attend our events to gain CET points.
- Access to ophthalmologists and surgeons - giving you the opportunity to receive first-class in-house clinical guidance.
- Shared venture partnership - opportunities to become a clinical partner in locations across the UK
- Technology - access to the most advanced technology in the industry.
- Extra benefits – healthcare, private pension, indemnity insurance and life assurance, childcare vouchers and an attractive holiday allowance. you’ll also have any professional membership fees paid.
From providing our own unique professional training to rewards that recognise great performance, you’ll find life at Optical Express more satisfying than you ever imagined.
Apply for Optometry Development Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly