Optometrist Job, Aberdeen
A very attractive opportunity has arisen for a full or part time Optometrist in our forward thinking and dynamic Aberdeen store. The store is one of the largest Opticians in the whole of Scotland and also part of the UK's most trusted optical brand. Last year the store achieved Platinum employer status showing off its core values of being a great place to work. Due to continued year on year growth - are looking to add to and strengthen their team.
Location - Aberdeen
We're looking for:
An Optometrist to work as part of a team focused on delivery total satisfaction to our customers by conducting thorough routine eye examinations, contact lens appointments and also carrying out enhanced services as part of the Grampian Eye Health Network - the model of which is now being replicated throughout the rest of Scotland.
You'll offer our customers recommendations to the highest professional and ethical standards - which is something our customers have come to expect from us. You'll also use your knowledge to effectively identify customer needs and recommend eyewear and eye care solutions accordingly.
We are looking for an Optometrist to play an active role in the provision of mentoring the store team as well as providing technical advice and guidance to
the store team to encourage best practice at all times, we are also interested in speaking to newly qualified Optometrists who wish to join the team and enjoy a tailored development plan that purely focuses on your requirements. Our Aberdeen practice has a rich history of nurturing talent; they have fantastic staff retention and make a real effort to offer real progression both personal and clinical.
If this sounds like you, on offer is:
- Excellent structured salary package
- Excellent continued development opportunities - such as funded independent prescribing and other further certificates from Glaucoma management to paediatric eye care.
- Working to NHS Grampian eye health network standards, giving an unique opportunity to co-manage interesting pathology such as foreign body removal and uveitis treatment, without needing independent prescribing qualifications
- A team of nearly 100 staff to provide a supportive working environment
- Dental & medical
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Should be a conscientious and reliable professional committed to providing the highest levels of patient care
- GOC registered as a fully qualified Optometrist
What Happens Next?
If you would like to be considered, please use the 'Apply' button and attach your latest CV. Alternatively, talk to us in confidence about this opportunity and other suitable positions by contacting Kealy in the Optical Division on 01423 850407
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Optometrist Jobs.