We are a well-established family run independent business situated in the centre of town. We are looking for a 3 day or 2 day week Optometrist. This role would suit an experienced Optometrist.
You will provide excellence in clinical care to your patients and work as part of a small team. You will be responsible for providing eye tests, contact lens fitting, aftercare advice, maintaining accurate patient records and keeping up to date with product and professional knowledge to conduct a thorough sight tests offering your expert opinion and making recommendations. You will be on hand to answer any difficult questions and share your clinical knowledge with patients and the team.
- Hours – 20.5 per week. Hours are 9am – 5pm (1hr lunch) 2 days, 9am – 4pm (1/2 lunch) on Saturday.
- Test – 30 minutes long, to include review of Optomap retinal scan. Reception performs Optomap scan and peripheral field test
- Holiday entitlement is 19 days inclusive of bank holidays (excluding Good Friday, which we work) per year.
- Fees – to be paid by Optometrist but wage reflects this.
- Wage – Competitive, depends on experience.
- Discounts – on optical products, family and friend discounts on spectacles.
To apply for this position, you will need to be a fully qualified Optometrist who is GOC registered and up to date with all CET requirements. You will be hard working and clinically minded. Someone who is passionate about customer service and patient care. You will be able to demonstrate great interpersonal skills, knowledge and expertise.