Optical Dispenser / Dispensing Optician | Dundee | Independent | Temporary Basis
Match2Match Recruitment are seeking an Optical Assistant/Dispensing Optician to work on a full time basis for our Client in Dundee.
We have a temporary vacancy for the position of Optical Dispenser/Dispensing Optician to support our Commercial Street Practice in Dundee. The role on offer focuses on providing excellent patient care and will typically involve the following duties:
- Making recommendations to and advising patients on spectacle lens and spectacle frame options following their eye test with the resident Optometrist.
- Carrying out basic repairs to spectacle frames.
- Adjusting new and previously dispensed spectacle frames to ensure the most comfortable fit for patients.
- Assisting patients with queries relating to every aspect of wearing spectacles and contact lenses.
- Being the first point of contact for patients in the practice, face to face and over the telephone.
- Managing the practice appointment diary giving consideration to patient appointment requests and staff availability.
- Giving patients demonstrations on how to insert and remove contact lenses.
- Processing deliveries and collections of stock.
- Administration and maintenance of patient records, databases and NHS paperwork.
- General housekeeping duties to ensure the practice is clean, tidy and presentable.
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
For this role, previous experience in an Optical Dispensing role is essential. Qualification to FBDO level would be an advantage.
With an impressive range of men’s, women’s, kids and teens glasses, they provide first-class eye care to all of their customers. Their reputation means a lot to them and their highly trained staff pride themselves on making patients feel instantly at ease when they visit one of their comfortable yet contemporary branches.
It is a fast paced, dynamic working environment so we are looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is capable of hitting the ground running from day one, is a self starter and has exceptional interpersonal skills. In return we offer competitive pay and benefits and a supportive environment in which to develop your Dispensing skills and knowledge.
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Dedicated, caring and enthusiastic
The Match2Match team are available to answer your questions and assist you accordingly in finding the right role for you!
For more information please contact us on;
Hotline Number: 07432674364
Due to the high volume of CV's we receive, it is not always possible for us to respond to every applicant personally. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful at this time.