Optical Glazing Technician - Birmingham
A full time Optical Glazing Technician is required to join a leading ophthalmic lens manufacturer based in Birmingham. Previous experience of glazing to all levels is essential to be considered for this position.
- Produce finished spectacles orders from start to completion, undertaking all or some of the tasks involved in the process, according to your role and skill set
- Work to the required cell, department and company productivity and quality targets at all times
- Comply with all standard operating procedures (SOPS), work instructions or procedures applicable to your role, and highlight to your line manager any areas for review
- To apply good housekeeping practices and place waste materials in the correct locations.
- Ensuring that all tools, machinery, company property and facilities are used and maintained to the required levels.
- To communicate and interact with your colleagues and those from other departments, and external providers in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Extensive optical lens knowledge
- Excellent practical knowledge of all types of optical glazing
- An understanding of health and safety
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Attention to detail
Salary and Further Details
- Average 41 hours a week
- Starting salary from £20,000
- Free onsite parking
- Pension Contribution
- Sharesave Scheme
- Engagement and wellbeing activities
You can choose between three different shift patterns.
Shift 1 = Sun 9.00am - 8.00pm, Mon, Tues 10.00am - 10.00pm (alt Weds 10.00 - 10.00pm)
Shift 2 = Thurs, Fri, 10.00 - 10.00pm, Sat 9.00am - 8.00pm (alt Weds 10.00 - 10.00pm)
Shift 3 = Night shift, Mon - Fri 10.00pm - 6am 40hrs per week
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.