Optometrist - Cribbs Causeway
Company: Cribbs Causeway Specsavers Opticians
Role: Optometrist Full time
Why choose Specsavers Cribbs Causeway?
- The Directors operate a total of 3 local stores, allowing you an opportunity to expand your experience and client base across all stores
- Working closely with the new optometrist course at Bristol UWE and supporting their students throughout the course
- Support from Directors who are on the GOC council
- Individual package tailored to your personal hobbies
- Professional development is encouraged, be that clinical or down the route of one day owning your own store
Duties of the role will include:
- To carry out eye examinations in accordance with company procedures and NHS regulations.
- Prescribe, supply and fit appropriate spectacle lenses and contact lenses.
- To advise patients on appropriate use of spectacles, contact lenses as well as appropriate lighting levels in relation to reading and writing.
- To refer patients to an Ophthalmologist eye specialist, where required.
- To maintain patient records to a professional standard.
- To maintain ongoing professional CPD.
Qualifications / skills required:
- Full registration as an Optometrist with the GOC.
- Must have achieved core competencies as specified by the college of Optometrists and as approved by the GOC.
- Must be of a confident and professional, yet friendly and approachable disposition.
- Must have excellent patient / customer care skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to demonstrate sound professional ethics.
For more information or to apply, please contact Connor Willingham at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 771 881 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.