Full Time Dispensing Optician
We are looking for a full time Dispensing Optician and/or Contact Lens Optician to join our leading family group of independent opticians. We strongly believe in our people and provide them with the best tools to thrive in a growing business, with a career structure designed to make the professional journey smoother.
This position is based in one of our community leading practices James Bryan Opticians in Chelmsford, which has been offering dedicated, caring and professional service for over 20 years. You must be well-presented, warm and welcoming with the ability to build a rapport with each of our patients.
Main Purpose of job:
To ensure you offer the absolute best in clinical services with the ability to work with an experienced team building good synergy and efficiency. This results in the best customer experiences which is what we strive for.
- Ensuring every customer gets a great experience when they come into our store.
- Listening to our customers wants and needs
- Provide high quality accurate dispensing , ordering, checking of glasses (frames and spectacles).
- Provide contact lens clinics and drive all areas of contact lens business to be profitable.
- Be an all-rounder in the practice - help with reception, pre-screening and marketing where necessary.
- Work closely with the Optometric Director to help drive all areas of the business.
- Assist on giving good, clear advice and making a positive impression
- Interpret optical prescriptions
- Give advice to patients on lens types, frames and styling
- Fit contact lenses; give advice on their care and use?
- Take frame and facial measurements to ensure correct fit and positioning
- Advice partially sighted patients in the use of low vision aids?
- Advise patients when adjustments or repairs to spectacles are needed?
- Select, manage and order a range of optical products
- Order lenses from prescription houses
- Check lenses on delivery to ensure that they meet the required specifications
- Arrange and maintain shop displays
- Liaise with sales representatives from vision care product suppliers
- Supervise and train trainee dispensing opticians
- Keep accurate patient and business records
All of our team members enjoy a whole range of fantastic benefits including;
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Access to an innovative discounts platform
- An attractive bonus plan
- Have your birthday off as standard as well as 28 days’ annual leave pro rata
- Let us look after the cost of your health with our healthcare cash plan scheme
- Pension plan
- Access to our own Financial Flexibility Fund
We’ll also fill you in on our FISH philosophy – Finding Inner Self Happiness. This is the secret ingredient that saw us come top of the Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to work for. Sound intriguing? You’ll have to apply to find out more!
If you feel you are suitable for our full time Dispensing optician position, we would love to hear from you!