Opticians Practice Manager - Central London
An expanding group of independent Opticians based in London (Zone 1) are looking for a full time Opticians Practice Manager to for a new stor opening in October 2018.
The company currently have five stores in London and have ambitious plans for the future. They combine traditional frame craft with modern methods.
- Eensure the seamless running of the store
- Manage all dispensing activities within the store
- Be proactive in responding to recruitment needs in the store
- Manage and work alongside the store optometrists and retail staff to provide impeccable lens and frame selection, fitting and customer service
- Work alongside our glazing partners, excelling in lens selection
- Develop, execute, and continuously improve operational activities to ensure the store exceeds financial and customer experience targets and maintains brand consistency
- Develop and ensure procedures are followed to protect the company's inventory and assets as well as all activities related to risk management and safety
- Provide initial and frequent ongoing training and development for all team members, and contribute to written training manuals
- Act as a representative for our brand to help educated and excite others about our mission and values
- Demonstrate and continuously update exceptional product knowledge as well as accurately describing feature and benefits of various lenses and our frames to customers and potential customers
- Previous experience of managing an Opticians
- Ideally a qualified Dispensing Optician
- Independent/bespoke experience
- Very well organised and an excellent manager of people
- Demonstrates strong commercial awareness
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service skills
- Very detail orientated, with a real interest in how things look
- Great at communicating clearly and effectively- in person, over the phone, and online
- A self-starter with plenty of energy, and outstanding at working under your own initiative and under pressure
Salary and Benefits
- Salary between £25,000 to £30,000
- Significant responsibility and progression opportunities
- Free spectacles and family and friends discount
The role is to work 5 days a week which include weekend work and late nights on a rota basis.
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.