Optometrist - Newport, Isle of Wight
- Full Time
A rare opportunity has become available for Optometrists to join the team at either the Newport or Ryde practices on the Isle of Wight. The store is part of the UK’s most trusted optical brand and due to their continuing success and recent expansion and relocation, they are now looking to expand the team.
We are looking for driven professionals to drive the store success even further and in return the following package is on offer:
- Competitive basic salary
- Rewarding bonus scheme based on personal performance
- Relocation package worth up to £2-3K to help candidates interested in relocating to the island
- 33 days holiday per annum
- Full time and part time opportunities available
- A range of benefits to include a medical and dental package, generous pension scheme, all professional fees paid and death in service
- Full support and progression available including CET courses, ILM management courses supported, JVP Pathway support and movement to Lead/Senior Optometrist roles
The Newport store itself has recently relocated, now with an improved location and benefiting from the following:
- Relaxed 25 minute test time clinics
- Both phoropter and trial frames available in all test rooms
- Close links with ophthalmic department at local hospital
- Parking nearby at both Ryde and Newport stores
- Choice of involvement in contact lens work
- Close-knit, motivated teams
- Choice of whether to work in the larger Newport store or the smaller Ryde store
What the island offers:
- Unique island lifestyle
- Lots of opportunity for those interested in sailing/water sports
- Very regular crossings to the mainland (both Portsmouth and Southampton) with the quickest being a mere 10 minutes!
- Reasonable house prices whilst still offering island living
- Offering history and heritage alongside a lively diary of island events
- A great, safe place to bring up children
For more information or to apply, please contact Charlotte Behennah at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 01566 771899 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Specsavers has been going from strength to strength, ever since the business started back in 1984. We strive for the highest clinical standards – and believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do. We also recognise that our people are critical to our past and future success – so we do everything we can to make sure they get the experience and career they’re looking for: from outstanding training and a personal development plan, to excellent benefits and unstinting support. The business has nearly 1,500 stores across 12 countries – and is still growing. We want you to be part of this outstanding success story.
This vacancy will close once we have filled all available assessment places. We therefore highly recommend early applications.
Apply for Optometrist - Newport, Isle of Wight
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly