Optometrist - Dalkeith
Optometrist - Dalkeith
Specsavers is no doubt for the majority of the UK’s Optometrists population the employer of choice. Since the business began back in 1984 Specsavers has taken pride in the way it works with its Optometrists through their personal and clinical development. We believe we are the best company to work for with regards to career development opportunities. We work to the highest clinical standards putting the patient at the forefront of everything we do.
As a company, we have listened to what’s important to our current employees and Optometrists joining the business.
- Flexibility (Full or Part Time, Job Share, Condensed days/hours…) We have the flexibility to look at multiple options
- Inclusive working environment (An open-door policy where all questions are welcomed)
- Team engagement
- Recognition (Being recognised not just for doing your job day to day but for going that extra mile and knowing what you do matters and is appreciated)
- Development opportunities both clinical and personal (The opportunity of moving internally within the Specsavers UK network of stores or worldwide with our increasing number of stores globally. Clinically we are currently rolling out OCT to all our stores. 75% of our Optometrists are Glaucoma stage 1/2 accredited and we also have a huge development drive on EOS and MEC's pre-& post -cataract & Glaucoma monitoring as well as supporting IP
- A package and benefits that suits your lifestyle (This can be discussed at telephone and interview stage)
A truly outstanding opportunity has arisen in our Dalkeith Specsavers store for an Optometrist. This store is a part of the UK's most trusted optical brand and has enjoyed a strong period of growth recently, so as a result are looking to add and strengthen their team. The store itself has 3 testing rooms and proudly supports the local community and beyond. The store prides itself on the relaxed working environment where everyone supports each other to the success of the store.
The role would be suitable for Optometrists of various levels of experience as development is tailored specifically towards each individual. As an Optometrist you will make sure our patients get an expert eye examination, complete with clear information, sound advice and a friendly, professional approach. You’ll work to the highest clinical standards, ensure we comply with NHS guidelines (and our own procedures), and help to build a loyal community customer base. As a professional, you’ll be an expert at putting people at ease and have the ability to talk customers through the eye examination process and explain their options in a clear, easy to understand way. What’s more, you’re organised and passionate about what you do – which means you keep accurate records and always have up-to-date knowledge of the latest developments in your field.
As an Optometrist you have options with regards your development both clinically and personally, its entirely up to you what you want from the role.
Dalkeith itself is a strong community town conveniently located just off the Edinburgh bypass with great transport links to Edinburgh city centre. The Directors have been with the business for a number of years having progressed over the years. The store will be going through a full refurb in the coming months adding a new staff room, training room, new technology including OCT and an environment tht works for both patients and employees.
What’s on offer?
- Outstanding basic salary
- ILM/Pathway support if this is a route that interests you
- Relocation package available
- Extremely progressive store, can be involved in clinical specialities if this is a route that interests you
- 28 days holiday
- GOC fees paid
- Travel Insurance
- Specsavers Perks
For more information or to apply for this position please call Paul Blower at Specsavers Recruitment Services on 07507 872675 or email email@example.com